We were so lucky to have a visit today from Tate and Tess. Tate has been with her mother just 6 weeks. We were so lucky to meet her. Maylin LOVED the baby. We also were blessed to see Julie and Tess from MN. I follow their blog and this is the 2nd time we have met. I feel like I have known them forever, however. Maylin was in heaven and told every one that her Chinese friends were coming for a visit!
Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...


Comments