Skip to main content

A trip to the cabin.

Over the 4th of July we went to Idaho. We love to go to our cabin in Island Park, Id. It is quite a drive in terms of our family in a car together. We love it though. We only make it once or twice a year, but it is always worth it. The kids love making "dioramas" out of paper plates and moss, mushrooms, twigs and other things they find in the woods. They love the fires, the walks, the go-Kart rides, the float down the river and the fishing. Most of all they love time with the grandparents. We spend hours playing games. I guess in reality, I am the biggest game player. I love to play with my parents. We play dummy rummy, Scrabble, 5 Crowns etc. It is delightful. Here are some of my favorite pictures. They are of the river trip. Maylin hated the life jacket and cried it was choking her. The highlight was when Alex knocked Jay off the boat into the very cold water. The look on Jay's face was priceless! The river is not very deep in most places and the kids loved walking in the water. It rained almost every night we were there. This would leave the trails with big mud/water holes. The kids had so much fun taking the go-kart through those puddles. I do have to say, Kenzie and I got the muddiest! We had a blast. No pictures of that tho'....didn't dare take my camera along on those rides.
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

We watched Lion King on our trip. It was the first time Maylin had seen it. The rest of the trip she made Alex play "Simba and Mafusa". Here they are eating a "zebra".




Comments

Valorie said…
I can't believe were were there at the same time. What a beautiful place. It looks like your family had a great time.
Anonymous said…
What a fun trip! Your family always has fun. Being with family is the greatest and the best! Thanks again for the BBQ. We love you.
Circe said…
You guys are so much fun!
Dione said…
I don't blame Maylin - I feel like life jackets are choking me too!

Your trip looks like soooo much fun!
Claudia said…
Looks like you guys had so much fun! time with the fam is the best!
grandma GiGI said…
We loved being with you for the weekend. Your kids will have such wonderful memories of the good times you have together.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...