Skip to main content

What fun can you have at the beach?

Before Alex got sick, we spent a lot of time at a lake we found 8 minutes from our home. It is man-made, but it is delightful. There are places for fishing, boating and a great area for swimming. There is also a great play area.There is wonderful sand and docks. We have been there a lot. The kids love it. I took Alex and Maylin there just yesterday. Alex is feeling much better, thank heavens! The kids love swimming, splashing and making sand figures. Maylin finally found enough courage to jump off the dock into the water....4 inch deep water. But still, she was quite proud of herself.
 
Austin and his friend spent hours making sand people. A girl and a boy. They laughed so hard because they made the girl with longer legs and broader shoulders than the boy. They tried to fix it, but couldn't. They really liked the way her hair looked like it was blowing in the wind. Maylin wanted to help in some way, so the boys let her poke holes in their faces for the eyes. She loved it and wanted to do more so they let her make belly buttons. The girl was going to be in a one-piece, but since Maylin wanted to make the belly-button, they did a two-piece. So many people came by and took pictures of the sand couple. It made Austin and his friend feel great. I think it is pretty creative.
 

 

 

Maylin continues to crack us up. Today when I picked a Chinese cucumber from our garden she said, "Hey that is adopted too, just like me." I guess she thinks anything associated with China is adopted. She learned a new word....emergency...and yells it at the top of her lungs as she runs around the house.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

If you end up going again before school starts, let us know- we would love to meet up with you!

Kim
grandma GiGI said…
That little beach looks like one you'd find in CA. not Bluffdale! How fun can it get? Cute kids.
hooli said…
The sand figures just go to show, everyone can find love... te he he. Even short men.

PS --
I think she needs to go to this camp our teenage babysitter went to this past summer. I'll tell you about it later.
Anonymous said…
I love the beach pictures. How fun is that to have a beach so close! "Emergency" is funny:)

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...