Skip to main content

Aloha!

Tonight for a young women activity we had a Johnny Lingo luau. For those of you who don't know Johnny Lingo, he is the main character of a movie made in 1969 about how he pays 8 cows for his wife. She is considered to be the ugliest one of the village, but after hearing her true value of 8 cows, she comes out of her shell and is amazingly beautiful. It is a great show! !
 
Maddie Brown


After that, we had the highlight of the evening. The Browns (many of you know them from the adoption world)as in Kim and Hill and Maddie, came to teach us the hula! They are such great dancers. They danced for us and then taught us a great hula. They are such beautiful girls! We had such a great night because of them!!! Thanks so MUCH Browns. We love you. They even brought us bracelets which were a wonderful, unexpected treat.

We met the Browns years ago through our adoption. They have 3 Chinese kids. One also has a heart problem. I feel a kindred spirit to this family! Here are pictures of our great night! Kenzie loved seeing Maddie and Hills. She was so proud to tell everyone she knew them.
 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Yes, that is me attempting to limbo. I know, I know, I am not flexible and I am a dork.

Comments

Rebecca said…
You are such an awesome leader, it was a great activity and brought the girls together! You Rock! Thanks for having your friends come teach us the Hula, it was the highlight of the evening
The Stanley's said…
You are so fun!!! It makes me happy to see such awesome activities for the girls. Your friends are so talented and fun also. Btw you are NOT a dork. Just a great person who isn't afraid to enjoy life.
We had so much fun! You are a great leader and the girls love you so much. Hills and Maddie were so impressed with the young women in your ward- everyone was participating and having a great time. They want to come join you more often...like every week!

Love
Kim
Dione said…
If I looked as good as you doing the Limbo, I'd post it on my blog.
Circe said…
What cute girls they all are. I love the limbo picture! It cracked me up! hee hee. Have a good day!
Lisa~~ said…
Looks like a great time was had by all and good for you doing the limbo!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...