Skip to main content

Ixtapa Mexico - Christmas Day, our favorite spot!

On Christmas we were scheduled to be in Ixtapa, Mexico. We had planned an off shore excursion to Club Med's beach resort. We wanted to spend the day in the sun, on a nice beach, eating good food etc. It turned out better than we ever could have expected. We think if we take another trip, Ixtapa's Club Med will be it.

Before our excursion we woke the kids up to see what Santa brought. He didn't bring much since he splurged on the cruise. But the kids enjoyed their socks, shirt, McDonald's gift cards, lip gloss or what ever little item they got. It was fun to open presents in our swimming suits. What a far cry from home where you are in a snow suit.

The beaches and resort were wonderful. It was 89 degrees. Perfectly, perfect. The kids enjoyed the lunch, the boys especially liked the steaks they were grilling on the patio and we all loved the drinks. We drank a lot of virgin this and that while on the beach! It was a day of bliss. The water was warm and the waves were perfect to body surf. Maylin loved the waves and spent the day laughing every time a wave hit her. Austin and Jason even got to lay out by a pretty girl!
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa




We got a couple of boards to surf on for an hour. Maylin loved them! She would hold on to Jay's back and catch the wave. Alex and Jason were pros at it. Kenzie and Austin took a bit more practice. I didn't even attempt the board, but I did body surf. I even got taken down flat by a wave. When we got back to the boat and I took off my suit, I left a HUGE pile of sand on the floor of the cabin. I knew I got a lot of sand from my spill, but not that much!



Lunch and the ladies!



After the beach, we drove back to port and shopped on the streets. It was a darling spot. Alex has always had a fascination with coconuts so we bought him one. The guy drained the juice out for him and then shaved the inside out in a bag. He put hot sauce on some of it. Turns out, Alex isn't that much of a fan now, but it was worth the experience!

Comments

M3 said…
Oh man, looks like an incredible Christmas. Crazy fun! Happy New Year!
Claudia said…
Such a fun way to spend Christmas! Jealous!
Lisa~~ said…
Looks like a fabu trip and a great way to spend Christmas. Maisie too loved Fun Ship Freddy and camp time and we can't wait to do our next cruise. Wishing all of you a happy and healthy 2010.
Glenda said…
I am soooo jealous. I am ready to sign up. We only have about 3 ft of snow around here.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...