The family is home! They are loving the HOT showers and the fact they can flush toilet paper!
So I wanted to share my funny and frustrating Friday. I had to take Kens to the store to buy a swim suit for a b-day party she was going to. I packed the girls up and off we went. The car ride was absolutely hysterical! It went like this:
Maylin: I am going to marry Aush or Olex.
Kens: You can't marry them. They are your brothers.
Maylin: Then who am I going to marry?
Kens: One of your friends.
Maylin: Can I marry Malaree's brother, Slade?
Kens: Yes. Then you would be Malaree's siter.
Maylin: Yes! I want to be Malaree's sister!
Break...silence.
Maylin: But then I would have to kiss Malaree's brother. That would be weird.
I don't know if I can think about that.
Kens: You don't have to get married yet. Wait until you are 21.
Maylin: You don't get married when you are 5?
Kens: No, 21.
Maylin: Okay. I am not 5 yet, so I won't have to kiss him yet.
So funny.
Then we got into JC Penney. Maylin was in her stroller. I stopped at the jewelery counter and I was still holding onto the stroller, but she got out without me noticing. When I turned seconds later, I noticed she was gone. Kens and I were looking all over. I started to panic. I was calling her name. No response. Kens and I were running around in a panic. I finally told (it had only been 1 minute) for Kens to go tell someone and get security. As she ran by the glasses, she noticed Maylin stuck between the pillars of glasses. I ran to her, and saw she had her mouth covered with her hand. I said what are you doing. She replied, "Trying to be quiet so you won't hear me." Yeah, and I didn't and I was having a heart attack.
I pulled her out swatted her bum, not hard, I was too happy to see her, but I wanted her to get the point, and firmly told her she can't run and hide. I told her that mommy was so scared. Truly, my heart was beating out of my chest and I could hardly breathe. She started to cry and I about did too.
I am sure the security man watching us on those hidden cameras was laughing his head off.
Then, while in the dressing room Maylin announced she had to go potty. So we started to walk to the bathroom.
She says LOUDLY: "We have to run. It is coming out. Its poop!"
I started to laugh. She started running and put her hand on her bottom like she was holding it in. We barely made it. In front of the door to the bathroom she was dancing (the potty dance) saying was this the girls? I was having a hard time reacting to her urgency, because she was so darn funny. We got in the stall and she told me:
"Turn around in the corner and close your eyes. I don't want you to see me." I obeyed and there I stood with my nose in the corner of the bathroom stall with my eyes shut, trying not to laugh at what we have just been through the last few minutes.
She is so funny. It all made up for the little "I am going to hide and scare the tar out of you" incident.
So I wanted to share my funny and frustrating Friday. I had to take Kens to the store to buy a swim suit for a b-day party she was going to. I packed the girls up and off we went. The car ride was absolutely hysterical! It went like this:
Maylin: I am going to marry Aush or Olex.
Kens: You can't marry them. They are your brothers.
Maylin: Then who am I going to marry?
Kens: One of your friends.
Maylin: Can I marry Malaree's brother, Slade?
Kens: Yes. Then you would be Malaree's siter.
Maylin: Yes! I want to be Malaree's sister!
Break...silence.
Maylin: But then I would have to kiss Malaree's brother. That would be weird.
I don't know if I can think about that.
Kens: You don't have to get married yet. Wait until you are 21.
Maylin: You don't get married when you are 5?
Kens: No, 21.
Maylin: Okay. I am not 5 yet, so I won't have to kiss him yet.
So funny.
Then we got into JC Penney. Maylin was in her stroller. I stopped at the jewelery counter and I was still holding onto the stroller, but she got out without me noticing. When I turned seconds later, I noticed she was gone. Kens and I were looking all over. I started to panic. I was calling her name. No response. Kens and I were running around in a panic. I finally told (it had only been 1 minute) for Kens to go tell someone and get security. As she ran by the glasses, she noticed Maylin stuck between the pillars of glasses. I ran to her, and saw she had her mouth covered with her hand. I said what are you doing. She replied, "Trying to be quiet so you won't hear me." Yeah, and I didn't and I was having a heart attack.
I pulled her out swatted her bum, not hard, I was too happy to see her, but I wanted her to get the point, and firmly told her she can't run and hide. I told her that mommy was so scared. Truly, my heart was beating out of my chest and I could hardly breathe. She started to cry and I about did too.
I am sure the security man watching us on those hidden cameras was laughing his head off.
Then, while in the dressing room Maylin announced she had to go potty. So we started to walk to the bathroom.
She says LOUDLY: "We have to run. It is coming out. Its poop!"
I started to laugh. She started running and put her hand on her bottom like she was holding it in. We barely made it. In front of the door to the bathroom she was dancing (the potty dance) saying was this the girls? I was having a hard time reacting to her urgency, because she was so darn funny. We got in the stall and she told me:
"Turn around in the corner and close your eyes. I don't want you to see me." I obeyed and there I stood with my nose in the corner of the bathroom stall with my eyes shut, trying not to laugh at what we have just been through the last few minutes.
She is so funny. It all made up for the little "I am going to hide and scare the tar out of you" incident.
Comments