Yesterday (Yea, I am late) was our 3 year anniversary of our gotcha day. Time has flown by and I really can't think of a time that I haven't had her. She is such a part of us. The other day, I watched the big kids help Maylin ride a 2 wheeled bike. They were so cute and tender with her. Later I told them how glad I was that they had accepted her into the family so easily and so completely. They all looked at me and said, "She's our sister." She is. No ifs, ands or buts. She is ours 100%. I can't believe how well she fits in. She has so many characteristics like her siblings. I can't believe how much she loves me. We really have a bond that is priceless.
I remember gotcha day so well and how she cried and was so afraid, but then by the next day she would not go back to the nanny. She would only stay with me. That is how it has been ever since. I am amazed how important family is to her. Everything needs to have a family. The other day she got all the shampoos and lotions from every single bathroom and lined them up together. Then she got every single pair of shoes in the house and lined them all up. When I asked her what she was doing she said, they needed to be with their families. She always tells me, "We are family."
I am grateful that thousands of miles away, somehow, our child was born and was given to us.
These pictures amaze me! We have all changed so much. The love has even gotten bigger!
I remember gotcha day so well and how she cried and was so afraid, but then by the next day she would not go back to the nanny. She would only stay with me. That is how it has been ever since. I am amazed how important family is to her. Everything needs to have a family. The other day she got all the shampoos and lotions from every single bathroom and lined them up together. Then she got every single pair of shoes in the house and lined them all up. When I asked her what she was doing she said, they needed to be with their families. She always tells me, "We are family."
I am grateful that thousands of miles away, somehow, our child was born and was given to us.
These pictures amaze me! We have all changed so much. The love has even gotten bigger!

Comments
I can't believe how quickly the time flies. We celebrate 2 years with Kai next week.
Kim