Today, is Nini's 4th b-day. I can't believe it is here already. I remember the first year we had her, I dreaded each passing day for I knew she was growing up and I didn't want it to happen too quickly. I guess it happened anyway. Here we are at age 4. In two weeks it will be our 3 year family date. Time travels so quickly.
The week started with Nini counting down the days until her b-day. We did it by sleeps. Each day she would say, "How many sleeps, Mom?" On the big day, when she woke up I told her happy birthday. She looked at me and said, "It can't be yet! My party hasn't started."
Her day started with a snowfall. We haven't had snow for so long, but she got 5 inches on her special day. She spent the morning in my bed watching Disney Channel. Then we headed out to the store and a out-to-lunch treat. She chose Panda Express, of course. We had a great lunch of chow mien and Mandarin chicken. After lunch we came home to get ready for the highlight of her day. A small friend party. Kenzie planned it all. I wasn't so into doing a party, so Kens took over. She did the invites, the games, the kiddie control. It was great! I made the cakes and to the specific instructions that it must be a Strawberry Shortcake one.
After dinner, we had our family party. She loved all her presents especially the car! It has a working radio! I couldn't believe it. She literally ran up to it and hugged the box. She got two Kai Lan toys, some art supplies and some clothes too. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions....you can see I followed several of them. It cracked me up when the car was ready for her to test drive, that she had to load up every single present she had received into the car. She said they had to ride with her!
She had difficulty in the house. The wheels would slip on the tile and I didn't like that she was bumping into the walls, so she is currently, as I type, riding it out in the snow! She is thrilled.
She loved getting all the cards and phone calls. To me the most priceless moment was when Jay's mom called while we were opening presents and we handed the phone to Maylin. She says, "Hey, can you talk to my mom? I am opening presents!" What a hoot.
We love her so much and are so grateful we have the opportunity to be a part of her lives. We have thought a lot about her birth mom. We wondering what she is thinking and feeling at this time. I hope she knows she was adopted. I hope, somehow, she can feel we love her little baby so much. We are grateful for the birth mom's gift to us.


In this last picture, Maylin is plugging her ears because her brothers decided to sing loud and off-key!
Turn in tomorrow for a report on Ken's b-day. Hers is tomorrow. Fun for the girls, tiring for the mom!
The week started with Nini counting down the days until her b-day. We did it by sleeps. Each day she would say, "How many sleeps, Mom?" On the big day, when she woke up I told her happy birthday. She looked at me and said, "It can't be yet! My party hasn't started."
Her day started with a snowfall. We haven't had snow for so long, but she got 5 inches on her special day. She spent the morning in my bed watching Disney Channel. Then we headed out to the store and a out-to-lunch treat. She chose Panda Express, of course. We had a great lunch of chow mien and Mandarin chicken. After lunch we came home to get ready for the highlight of her day. A small friend party. Kenzie planned it all. I wasn't so into doing a party, so Kens took over. She did the invites, the games, the kiddie control. It was great! I made the cakes and to the specific instructions that it must be a Strawberry Shortcake one.
After dinner, we had our family party. She loved all her presents especially the car! It has a working radio! I couldn't believe it. She literally ran up to it and hugged the box. She got two Kai Lan toys, some art supplies and some clothes too. Thanks to all of you for your suggestions....you can see I followed several of them. It cracked me up when the car was ready for her to test drive, that she had to load up every single present she had received into the car. She said they had to ride with her!
She had difficulty in the house. The wheels would slip on the tile and I didn't like that she was bumping into the walls, so she is currently, as I type, riding it out in the snow! She is thrilled.
She loved getting all the cards and phone calls. To me the most priceless moment was when Jay's mom called while we were opening presents and we handed the phone to Maylin. She says, "Hey, can you talk to my mom? I am opening presents!" What a hoot.
We love her so much and are so grateful we have the opportunity to be a part of her lives. We have thought a lot about her birth mom. We wondering what she is thinking and feeling at this time. I hope she knows she was adopted. I hope, somehow, she can feel we love her little baby so much. We are grateful for the birth mom's gift to us.
In this last picture, Maylin is plugging her ears because her brothers decided to sing loud and off-key!
Turn in tomorrow for a report on Ken's b-day. Hers is tomorrow. Fun for the girls, tiring for the mom!




Comments
And who knows? It could be more snow, or rain, or sun bathing tomorrow! Our Spring weather is crazy!
Maylin looks darling and it looks like she had a great day.
I'll tune in tomorrow for episode #2: Kenzie b-day~
Love
Kim