We attended a jello fight last year and had so much fun! This year we decided to do it again. Heck, why not? If is was fun, do it again. So last night, for family night we once again joined the "Get Messy Night."
Austin didn't participate much. He was too tired. He stayed up until 4 am with his cousin, so much of his time was spent laying on the grass or avoiding Alex's covert attacks. We had a great time. We all got sticky and messy. Jay and Alex really got into it this year. Jay who is usually not much of a participator in this kind of thing, really got out of his comfort zone and participated hard!!
This year there was also a paper mache area, a quicksand area and a "dig for a prize" activity. It was a lot of fun. After it was over, we hosed down in the sprinklers and went out for JCW milkshakes. It is so important to me that we spend these kind of nights together. I want my children to remember all the fun, silly times we had together. I hope when they are older they will look back at activities like these with fondness.
Paper Mache
Jello time! See the red splotch on Kens' head? (Above collage)Complements of her mother! I have a good aim!
The top corner picture of Alex carrying handfuls of jello is him on his covert operation to get Austin. He snuck through the gardens and shoved it down Austin's shirt while he snoozed on the grass.
Sprinkler time!


I think my favorite things of the night were watching Jay and Alex play Roman gods or heroes and watching Maylin play in the stream. I also loved it when she said, "Let's not do the jello fight again. I am sticky. Jello is for eating not throwing." I also LOVED it when Austin said, "Nini, you are so cute." and she said back, "Its my job."
My Roman heroes!

Baby girl enjoying the stream and gardens.
The quicksand activity. It was actually corn starch and water. The kids loved how it felt between their toes.
Austin didn't participate much. He was too tired. He stayed up until 4 am with his cousin, so much of his time was spent laying on the grass or avoiding Alex's covert attacks. We had a great time. We all got sticky and messy. Jay and Alex really got into it this year. Jay who is usually not much of a participator in this kind of thing, really got out of his comfort zone and participated hard!!
This year there was also a paper mache area, a quicksand area and a "dig for a prize" activity. It was a lot of fun. After it was over, we hosed down in the sprinklers and went out for JCW milkshakes. It is so important to me that we spend these kind of nights together. I want my children to remember all the fun, silly times we had together. I hope when they are older they will look back at activities like these with fondness.
Paper Mache
Jello time! See the red splotch on Kens' head? (Above collage)Complements of her mother! I have a good aim!
The top corner picture of Alex carrying handfuls of jello is him on his covert operation to get Austin. He snuck through the gardens and shoved it down Austin's shirt while he snoozed on the grass.
Sprinkler time!


I think my favorite things of the night were watching Jay and Alex play Roman gods or heroes and watching Maylin play in the stream. I also loved it when she said, "Let's not do the jello fight again. I am sticky. Jello is for eating not throwing." I also LOVED it when Austin said, "Nini, you are so cute." and she said back, "Its my job."
My Roman heroes!


Baby girl enjoying the stream and gardens.

The quicksand activity. It was actually corn starch and water. The kids loved how it felt between their toes.






Comments
I completely forgot. Even though it was written down and everything. So again I apologize.
If you are up for a third year, we are ABSOLUTELY going next year. It's on Maddie's bucket list, so WE ARE THERE!
Kim
Nini does a great job at being soooo cute!
And she does a darn good one!
How was the quicksand stuff? I've seen it on Ellen on TV and it looks really neat!