Skip to main content

Bloggy Bash 2010

On Saturday night we had a China Adoption Bloggy Bash! There is a group of women that have been getting together since 2006, luckily, we have been included the past two years. It has been so fun to meet in real life these people we follow on their blogs! It was great for our little girls, and two boys, to be together. We were honored to have it in our yard. The guest included the Jensens (Anna), the Passey's (Emily and Ethan), Denny, Joe and Emma, the Whites (Anya), The Browns (Pearl, Grace and Kai), Catherine and Hannah of Catherine's Chatter, Lisa and Tate, Circe, her family and her Xanthe and us. Other guests were to be M3 and Ro and Ree from Do They Have Salsa in China, Donna and Lauren, Tiffany, Elzia and Baby Sol and Lisa and Maise from Baby Shanahan, but alas, they all got the stomach flu so they had to stay in the condo they had rented and be sick together. We were heart sick they couldn't join us! We send them our love and our hope for a NEXT YEAR!!!

We had BBQ chicken and salads, and fruit and desserts. I appreciated that everyone pitched in and brought something. We had a pinata for the little kids and volleyball and games for the big kids. The adults had a lot of fun comparing notes on raising kids. It was wonderful! We also had discussions on how to get rid of your old clothes! I am going to try to take the ladies challenges this week and get rid of the old ugly stuff even though it is still in good condition. The dads talked too. I don't know what about, but they seemed to have fun!

Here are pictures of Emily and Maylin. They have such a kinship. I know it is because we were the only two families in our travel group to China. I hope their bond lasts and lasts. Next is a picture of Ethan. He just got home!!! Also their is a picture of Maylin thinking she is all that because she can push TWO girls on the swings. She is pushing Em and Anya. Also, a group shot of all the kids that can do weird things with their tongues! Some of them can make clover shapes. Too weird for me! Austin totally makes me laugh....he can roll his tongue, but for every picture he just stuck it out like he had no idea what he was doing!
 


 

 

 
Posted by Picasa

Below are collections of the pinata, fun in the waterfall and yard, and group shots. Click on them to make them larger. I love the picture of Austin and Kai. I wanted this picture because they met through heart stuff and share the same surgeon. Kai was kinda nervous of Austin so I don't think he got the whole concept of the reason behind the picture.


Comments

Rebecca said…
Looks like so much fun. I am glad you all get together, I am sure you all have a kinship that will pass beyond this life!
I need a new camera. I love all your shots. And your yard. And your family. You know my kids want to pitch a tent...

Will you email me the photo of Kai and Austin? It's a keeper. I stole a few others from you that weren't collaged.

Thanks for such a fun party. And for keeping the tradition alive. Jay is an awesome BBQ-er.

Kim
M3 said…
Oh those are absolutely beautiful pictures of what I know was an awesome night. I can't even tell you how bummed we were to miss it. I think everyone sitting in that condo on Saturday night was close to tears (and not because of the puking). Next time for sure, my friend, with double the hugs.
Valorie said…
What a fun time! I love all the pictures!
Lisa~~ said…
Such wonderful pictures and I'm so bummed that we missed the party. Thank you again for hosting it, that was so kind of you. Can't wait to see you hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday.
Circe said…
The party was a smashing success! Thank you so much for including us. We probably overstayed our welcome, but it was hard to tear ourselves away, we were having so much fun. I was going to post it on my blog, but I think I'll just link to you, you have such fun pictures. Our conversations were so great, I wish we could have talked for a LOT longer! Thank heavens for blogging!
The Stanley's said…
The pictures are really great. So summery and happy. What a special connection you share.
Lisa and Tate said…
What a funtime! Thanks for hosting this bash in your amazing yard! Lovin the pics!
Joey/Denny/Emma said…
Laurel and Jay -- Thank you so much for hosting such a wonderful, wonderful party. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and Emma could not have had more fun. Thank you!!
Anonymous said…
It was a really fun party. Thank you so much for hosting and for inviting us! Yes, let's get together this week. I'll call you and we can figure out where and when:)
Rachel said…
Ha, Austin looks like he's about to barf. It makes me sad, your kids are growing up so fast and we haven't been around at all to see them. Thank goodness for our blogs.
Catherine said…
Thank you, thank you for hosting such a great bash! I'm only sorry we were so delayed and that our numbers where so small due to the nasty bug that hit our house.

Hannah and I had a GREAT time with you and your family as well as the other fun bloggy families that were there too!

Thanks again! Hopefully we'll have another Utah Bloggy Reunion in the future and we'll all be able to gather together.

It was a treat getting to know you better Laurel!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...