Monday was my birthday. I kept telling everyone I was going to be 43. Guess what? I am only 42!!! What a great b-day gift to find out you are a year younger! For my day, I wanted to hike the Tetons. I remember going there as a young girl and I loved it so much. So I dragged my family (some went willingly, others went kicking and screaming) to the Tetons. We hiked and hiked and had a fabulous time! It was a great weekend.
We rode a ferry across the river to the hikes which was such a fun experience. The wind was blowing hard and we laughed as my mother tried to keep her hair from blowing in the wind. We hiked to an amazing waterfall and then up to a point called Inspiration Point which the elevation was 7200 feet. It was so beautiful and we had a great weekend. After the hike, instead of taking the ferry back, we hiked around the lake back to our car.
We had dinner in Driggs, Idaho at a fun little pizza place called Tony's. It was decorated in ski memorabilia. The pizza was great. The boys tried buffalo wings and they about blew their mouths off. We also drove a few more hours to my family's cabin. There we floated the Henry's Fork River and went to a yodeling concert in the mountains. It was cool. We also had a campfire and made smores and Kens taught us some great camp songs. My mother has always dreamed of having a campfire and singing just like we did. She was in heaven. I am glad we were able to do that for her. My sister made me a great coconut b-day cake. It was a great day.

We rode a ferry across the river to the hikes which was such a fun experience. The wind was blowing hard and we laughed as my mother tried to keep her hair from blowing in the wind. We hiked to an amazing waterfall and then up to a point called Inspiration Point which the elevation was 7200 feet. It was so beautiful and we had a great weekend. After the hike, instead of taking the ferry back, we hiked around the lake back to our car.
We had dinner in Driggs, Idaho at a fun little pizza place called Tony's. It was decorated in ski memorabilia. The pizza was great. The boys tried buffalo wings and they about blew their mouths off. We also drove a few more hours to my family's cabin. There we floated the Henry's Fork River and went to a yodeling concert in the mountains. It was cool. We also had a campfire and made smores and Kens taught us some great camp songs. My mother has always dreamed of having a campfire and singing just like we did. She was in heaven. I am glad we were able to do that for her. My sister made me a great coconut b-day cake. It was a great day.


Comments
Kim