Today is our 21st wedding anniversary. As we were in bed last night, talking, with Maylin between us, we went over where we started and where we have ended up. Jay asked "Did you ever think we would have 4 kids? I asked if he could believe how old we were now. We decided somethings were as we imagined, others not so much...like having a four year old sleeping with us most of the time. Overall, we decided that even though it has been different and harder than thought, we wouldn't change a thing. In fact, it has been wonderful!! We love each other more than we did the day we got married. I have to say I would not want to spend any of the past 21 years with anyone else, but Jay. He is my better half.
We did have a good laugh trying to figure out where all of our wrinkles came from. I have this huge one on the left side of my mouth. We decided it is because I spend a lot of my time with this perplexed look on my face that causes me to squiggle my mouth over to the left side. Jay has some wrinkles around his eyes. We both knew that was from squinting. We had a good laugh over them and decided we had earned each and every one and we wouldn't change a thing.
Our anniversary will be spent apart, as usual. Jay has to work all day and all night. I have to ref a basketball game tonight. I think out of the past 21 anniversaries only 5 have been spent together. Jay has either had to work or he has been on a camp out with one of the boys. We tried to figure out a way to meet for lunch, but with work and me on carpool and with two kids' doctors appointments we couldn't pull that off either. I feel fine about it. It is the norm, besides we went to dinner last Saturday with my BFF Anita and her amazing hubby, Paul. So we will count that. And I am thinking about stealing him away the first weekend in February for a brief get-away. I do have an adult to babysit overnight now, with Austin being 18. We will see if that works!
I can't believe we have started into our 3rd decade together. Man. That is along time and I hope I have at least 3 more decades with him.
We did have a good laugh trying to figure out where all of our wrinkles came from. I have this huge one on the left side of my mouth. We decided it is because I spend a lot of my time with this perplexed look on my face that causes me to squiggle my mouth over to the left side. Jay has some wrinkles around his eyes. We both knew that was from squinting. We had a good laugh over them and decided we had earned each and every one and we wouldn't change a thing.
Our anniversary will be spent apart, as usual. Jay has to work all day and all night. I have to ref a basketball game tonight. I think out of the past 21 anniversaries only 5 have been spent together. Jay has either had to work or he has been on a camp out with one of the boys. We tried to figure out a way to meet for lunch, but with work and me on carpool and with two kids' doctors appointments we couldn't pull that off either. I feel fine about it. It is the norm, besides we went to dinner last Saturday with my BFF Anita and her amazing hubby, Paul. So we will count that. And I am thinking about stealing him away the first weekend in February for a brief get-away. I do have an adult to babysit overnight now, with Austin being 18. We will see if that works!
I can't believe we have started into our 3rd decade together. Man. That is along time and I hope I have at least 3 more decades with him.

Comments
Love you so much. Happy Anniversary!!
I wish for you that Maylin prefers her own bed very soon!