I have been a pretty serious exerciser since May. Before that I exercised about 3 times a week, but since then it is 5 to 6 days a week and it is pretty hard stuff. I sat at the same weight for over a year and finally decided I needed to change up my exercise, thus the change to 5-6 times. I hit a bit of a plateau again in January (last month) so I decided I needed to change things up once again. Last week and this week, I have tried some new forms of exercise. It has been so fun, BUT really hard. In fact, I have been so sore it has literally hurt to breathe. My muscles in my core were so sore it even hurt to wear my bra. (I did though, just in case you were wondering.)
I still do Zumba once to twice a week! I love it and get such a work out and it is so, so fun! However, lately I have tried a Krank class. It is a 30 minute class where you just use your upper arms. Basically you are pedaling a bike with your arms. You burn about 269 calories during that time. Jay went and really liked it. He said he never sweats and this made him. He was even sore. I will definitely keep this in the mix up.
I also tried a TRX class. Holy CRAP. By far this was THE HARDEST thing I have ever done. Obviously, my core is not very strong and either are my arms and legs. Basically you use your own body weight as resistance. This is the class that made it hurt to breathe and wear the bra. I definitely feel more toned since just the one class. It definitely has a permanent spot on my weekly exercise schedule.

There actually was a moment in class when the teacher had us put our feet through the handles two feet from the ground and then do push ups with our arms which were balancing on a ball. When she showed us what to do, my inner voice got the best of me and I blurted OUT LOUD, "Are you kidding me?" She said no. I was all over the place. I am sure I was the funniest thing to watch. But it obviously did something to me....I was sore!
I still do Zumba once to twice a week! I love it and get such a work out and it is so, so fun! However, lately I have tried a Krank class. It is a 30 minute class where you just use your upper arms. Basically you are pedaling a bike with your arms. You burn about 269 calories during that time. Jay went and really liked it. He said he never sweats and this made him. He was even sore. I will definitely keep this in the mix up.

I also tried a TRX class. Holy CRAP. By far this was THE HARDEST thing I have ever done. Obviously, my core is not very strong and either are my arms and legs. Basically you use your own body weight as resistance. This is the class that made it hurt to breathe and wear the bra. I definitely feel more toned since just the one class. It definitely has a permanent spot on my weekly exercise schedule.

There actually was a moment in class when the teacher had us put our feet through the handles two feet from the ground and then do push ups with our arms which were balancing on a ball. When she showed us what to do, my inner voice got the best of me and I blurted OUT LOUD, "Are you kidding me?" She said no. I was all over the place. I am sure I was the funniest thing to watch. But it obviously did something to me....I was sore!
Comments
And I can't believe how you are rocking this exercise gig. Wow wow wow.