This day is already a terrible one. It is only 7:49 a.m. but we are already off to a bad start.
First, I woke up and asked Jay what time it was. The light in our room seemed funny. He said it was 5 a.m. So I went back to sleep. Then, I woke up again and asked the time he said we had 4 minutes before the alarm went off. Seconds later the doorbell rang. Scared us both to death. The clock said 6:24. I got to the door to see carpool standing there wondering where my kids were.
Holy crap. Checked the other clocks and they said 7:25 a.m. We know when we went to bed the clock had the right time. Jay looked that clock over and found there was a new little display showing that said, "DST." That dang clock flipped the time back for daylight savings!!!!!!! Two days early!!!!! So we are frantically running around trying to get ready......the kids are doing things I can't help with at the moment, thus the time to post.
This weekend we are doing lots of shopping for Austin. He goes to the temple in 2 weeks and he leaves on his mission in two months and 2 weeks. Based on how fast time is going, that is going to whip by! I have been nervously watching the riot in Oakland. That really doesn't make me feel very good. Don't the people there doing these wild things, know I am sending my son there and they need to be on their best behavior?
Anyway, got to go! Off to drive to school. Man....this day better get better.
P.S. Jay got the kid's to school, 40 minutes late. Alex called him just as he was leaving to tell him he left his lunch at home! So, Jay went to the nearby WalMart and got him a lunch. I am holding my breath that nothing else goes wrong.
First, I woke up and asked Jay what time it was. The light in our room seemed funny. He said it was 5 a.m. So I went back to sleep. Then, I woke up again and asked the time he said we had 4 minutes before the alarm went off. Seconds later the doorbell rang. Scared us both to death. The clock said 6:24. I got to the door to see carpool standing there wondering where my kids were.
Holy crap. Checked the other clocks and they said 7:25 a.m. We know when we went to bed the clock had the right time. Jay looked that clock over and found there was a new little display showing that said, "DST." That dang clock flipped the time back for daylight savings!!!!!!! Two days early!!!!! So we are frantically running around trying to get ready......the kids are doing things I can't help with at the moment, thus the time to post.
This weekend we are doing lots of shopping for Austin. He goes to the temple in 2 weeks and he leaves on his mission in two months and 2 weeks. Based on how fast time is going, that is going to whip by! I have been nervously watching the riot in Oakland. That really doesn't make me feel very good. Don't the people there doing these wild things, know I am sending my son there and they need to be on their best behavior?
Anyway, got to go! Off to drive to school. Man....this day better get better.
P.S. Jay got the kid's to school, 40 minutes late. Alex called him just as he was leaving to tell him he left his lunch at home! So, Jay went to the nearby WalMart and got him a lunch. I am holding my breath that nothing else goes wrong.
Comments
Praying for you and Austin as he prepares for his mission and, for things to settle in Oakland.