Skip to main content

Alexander Graham Bell, I love you.

It was the best phone call ever!!! We got to TALK to Austin this morning for 20 minutes. He was able to call us from the airport before he boarded to fly to California.

It was so good to hear his voice. I only cried when I first heard him and at the end when I had to say good-bye. He sounded so happy and excited. He said he felt that way, but was nervous too. There are 14 missionaries going with him to Oakland/San Francisco. Three are girls. Some are Spanish speaking like Austin, some are going Chinese speaking (they were in the MTC 12 weeks to learn the language) and some were going English speaking.

Austin certainly sounded grown up and he said he really likes the ones he is traveling with....he obviously doesn't know those speaking Chinese, they were in a different part of the MTC. He has a long day ahead of him.

He will land in California, will be picked up by his Mission President, will eat lunch, have training, have dinner, have more training and then he will meet his companion. He will start working tomorrow!

What a great way to start the day!

Comments

Circe said…
So exciting! I remember going to the airport back in the day to see Scott off to California. All of our friends were there. He gave me a hug. It was surreal and emotional. Times have changed! At least he got to call you, and those airport scenes...it's probably best they don't do that anymore! I hope Austin has lots of success. It sounds like he's fired up!
M3 said…
Yay Austin!! Welcome to California.
Catherine said…
What an exciting day!!

You've raised a wonderful young man mom and dad! I know he will do you proud!!

Praying for him as he moves forward with his mission.
Nate said…
OH Laurel, my thoughts and prayers are with you and with Austin. He will be a GREAT missionary!!
Lisa~~ said…
Very exciting and Austin is going to do great.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...