Skip to main content

Birthday girls

It was Maylin's 6th birthday yesterday (March 5th). She has been so excited for this day for weeks. She started the day by taking donuts and juice boxes to her school. After that, we went home and made her b-day cake! She asked that her Barbie cake have a green and blue dress. We worked hard together to design it. I think it turned out great. She wanted a marble cake so daddy who likes vanilla would be happy and mommy who likes chocolate would be happy too. What a thoughtful girl!

We went to dinner and she got to pick the place. She chose Costa Vida.....she loves this place and we eat there for lunch at least once a week. When we got there they were closed due to having their floor refinished. So her second choice was Olive Garden. We had a fun dinner. Alex was hysterical the whole time.

When we got home we opened presents. That was her favorite part. She was jealous of Kenzie's party so she wanted to make sure she had more presents than Kenzie. She picked out the pink outfit, but the rest of the gifts were a surprise. Alex's gift was probably her favorite. He gave her 8 packs of gum and tons of lip gloss.

She got a new bedspread because we moved her twin beds out and gave her a queen bed from our guest room. We were so full from dinner we didn't touch the cake. Since tonight is Kenzie's OFFICIAL b-day, we will do Maylin's cake tonight and we will open Kenzie's presents. Kenzie doesn't get another cake. The one for her party was perfect. Kenzie is so sick. She stayed home from school today and said it was a sucky b-day. I am so glad we celebrated early. Poor girl really is a mess. When I got home a few minutes ago I saw a HUGE slice out of the back of Maylin's cake. Alex said he was hungry and was hoping we wouldn't notice. Silly, silly boy.










We love our little girl! We are so glad Maylin is a part of our family. She brings us so much joy!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a little sweetie. Happy Birthday to the divine Miss M! ; )
Catherine said…
Happy birthday Maylin!! What a beautiful cake for a very special little girl!

I hope you're feeling better tomorrow Kenzie and able to celebrate your special day!
Nate said…
Maylin looks so happy in the pictures! Happy Birthday to Maylin and Kenzie!! Can't believe it has been five years:)
Lisa~~ said…
Happy birthday to both Kens & Maylin. Both celebrations look like so much fun and you both did an awesome job on the cake. Hope that Kens is feeling better. Happy too that Austin enjoyed his package, I really packed the box full so hopefully he and all his mates got their fill of treats.
Glenda said…
Happy Birthday to both my little neices. They are beautiful girls.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...