Skip to main content

Pushed to Botox?

Dear Clerk,

Thank you for checking my groceries today. I had a great experience until you opened your mouth.

I know you are in your 20's and everyone in the world looks old, but we aren't. People live great lives after 30. Really they do. I am doing my best not to be offended, but its hard. If I go through your line again, I am hoping I don't punch you out. You see, I work hard to "look good." I exercise my behind off everyday. I eat right. I went without that good, moist piece of cake last night. I use moisturizer. I use wrinkle cream. I try to dress young.

So when you asked me if Maylin was my GRANDDAUGHTER..........I was deeply hurt. Really? Granddaughter? Austin would have had to have married at 12 to have Maylin by 13. Thanks a lot. Now I am considering Botox. I will be sure to send you the bill.

Sincerely,

Laurel - The mother! Not Grandma.

Comments

Circe said…
Let me take a swing at that checker, too. People, don't open you mouth unless you turn on your brain first! Duh! And I think you get more and more fabulous and youthful all the time! You rock!
Em said…
You don't look like a grandma! I have been confused as my dad's wife before (awkward!) and as my mom all the time....gotta love it ;)
Joey/Denny/Emma said…
I get asked that sometimes, too..(but I'm older than you by a long shot so kinda deserve it; it still bugs a little bit, though).

Exciting to hear about Austin!
Glenda said…
HA HA....remember, that happened to your mother all the time when she had you, and I think she was about the same age when you were born as when Maylin arrived....It would never happen outside the Rocky Mountains because any where else, children don't have children.
Nate said…
You do NOT look like the grandma:) We, on the other hand, get that question a lot, but we are also a lot older than you. Oh and you deserve that cake!
A person said the same thing to me the other day except I was out with one of the little girls I keep. Do I look that old. I try really hard to look my age or younger, so I thought. Yes, it does hurt your feelings and I think when I responded, that I made her understand that I was not old enough to have a grandchild. Thank you person. Oh well, one day someone will say the same thing to them and lets see how they respond.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...