Skip to main content

Shark Teeth. Open wide!

Last night I was getting Maylin out of her car seat. I saw this white thing in her mouth. I thought it was a piece of paper. I asked her to let me look in her mouth. My gosh! I was so shocked to see a permanent tooth behind her baby tooth. It was almost completely in. The tooth next to it, was just barely poking through the gum. Holy cow! Her baby teeth aren't even loose. I mean, not at all! You can see the one tooth really well in the picture below, but it is hard to see the other tooth that has just started to poke its head through, but you get the idea.

After a bit of panic, I got online....thank heavens for the Internet and found this is a pretty common thing. Because the permanent teeth are in, the baby teeth pretty much won't come out since there is nothing to push them out. A trip to the dentist to have them pulled is the solution.

Great. Last time she had to have teeth pulled they had to put her under. $2,200 later she had four shiny silver teeth. I told her she needed to get in a fight with one of her friends so they could knock out her teeth....I was joking with her of course, but it would be cheaper. She is pretty upset about the impending tooth pull. They will have to do both.

I have decided that just when you think as a parent you have seen it all, you really haven't.

Comments

Lisa~~ said…
Oh no fun, poor little girl. Good luck with the dentist...and the bill !
Nate said…
Oh, it never is easy! Good luck with the dentist and good thing you noticed it! Emi misses Maylin. Maybe we could get together in April for our yearly dinner:)
Catherine said…
LOL! Now that takes talent!

I hope she doesn ok with the dentist. I had a number of teeth pulled when I was a kiddo. Hope she does great!
Circe said…
Exact same thing happened to Xanthe. Both permanent teeth were in and the baby teeth weren't even loose. Freaky! That's how stubborn she is. Her body wouldn't even let go of her baby teeth! The dentist pulled the baby teeth and the permanent teeth moved right into place. Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...