Skip to main content

Eventful week

We have had quite an eventful week at our house. Sometimes I forget to post what happened or the news, for the "Oh that is so cute" post. So here is some of what has happened.

Austin- Austin is in debate. He won his very first debate tournament this past week. He debated on "should the military draft be reinstated or not." He will be in the finals in a couple of weeks. He is struggling in geometry so we have hired a tutor...yep I am no help in geometry and his dad is never home. He seems to be catching on with the little bit of extra help. He was also able to start back up with piano lessons. His arm that was in a sling gets tired quickly, but the piano will be a great way to get it in shape again. He also has felt very well this week. In fact he said, "I have waited my whole life to feel this good." Melted my heart.

Alex - Alex is playing flag football. Last game he scored 2 touchdowns. He loves it. He was also asked this week to be the center on a 5th grade basketball team. He is in fourth grade mind you. The coach said they needed height. He is taller than most kids a year or two older than him. I am wondering which of my nephews he will be like. The short one at 6 foot 2. Or the tallest at 6 foot 8. He finished reading 2 Fablehaven books in 2 weeks. He started on the 3rd today.

McKenzie - Kenzie goes to tutor two times a week. She got a 100% on her spelling test this week. That was a big pay-off because she worked so hard. She also got a 99%on her math test. Our friends the Whites, left for China yesterday. They get their baby Wednesday. They have the same guide we had. Kenzie LOVED our guide. She made this sign for her and we put a care package together for them to take to her. Kenzie started to wear make-up. Man, she is getting old.




Maylin - Maylin has been a terrible two this week. If fact she will just say to me, "Me in trouble mom?" I guess she has been in trouble so much this week she just figures she always is. She locked herself in a bathroom at my kids' school. She ran and got to the door before I did. She then shoved the garbage can out so I had to stop and pick up the trash. While doing so, she locked the door. I tried not to panic while I waited. You could hear her yelling and singing in there. Apparently she liked the echo the bathroom made. I could hear her flush and wash her hands. Then she came out and said "Me did it. Mom don't come." Yeah, mom was having a heart attack out in the hall cause she didn't come. This is the second time she has done this. Last time it was at the doctors office. I need to start wearing my running shoes to keep up.

The little boy that Maylin is hugging, told his mom this week that he wanted to marry Maylin. I wouldn't mind he is sweet.




Jay - Jay hasn't been home in weeks. He has been working TONS. But I am not complaining. With the economy the way it is and since we are self-employed and had serious medical bills this summer, we will take the work. He goes to Vegas for a job this month. He will be gone a week.

Laurel - I am trying to keep up with everyone. Not sure how I am doing. I colored my hair again. I am as dark or even darker than my niece...her picture was a couple posts back. My hair is the only thing I can change quickly and with out a lot of effort. The way and rate at which I change my hair is a joke with my hubby's family. Everytime they see me my hair is different.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Fun to read the updates. Way to go Austin and Alex! Kenzie looks soooooooo grown up. Maylin's antics make me feel a little bitter about our week last week. She is still cute tho:) Hang in there!
Erin said…
I am so glad that your family is doing well... it sounds like Austin is hitting his stride! What a relief!
Glenda said…
Love my darling nieces and nephews.
Anonymous said…
WTG Austin - here's to you feeling this great for a long lifetime.

And I'm sorry little boy hugging Maylin, but I want her to marry my nephew Justin. So find some other girl!
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh! you have been busy over here!
Valorie said…
Fun to read your newsy post. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. I'm glad Austin is doing better, Josh is in geometry and I'm hopeless to help. He asks me a question and I tell him he has to define each word so I can at least understand the question. I like changing my hair color too, it's a quick change sort of like painting a room, but less hassle and less mess. :)
Lisa and Tate said…
It is fun to hear about each family member....

How good to hear how well Austin is doing!
Eliza2006 said…
I rushed in and out of your house so fast I didn't even mention how pretty Kenzie looked with her make-up and your hair is lovely too! Thanks for the eggs!

(The) Tiffany
Laurel,

we will have to get Hillary and Austin back together...if there is a child who can argue it is my Hillary. Lee was a big debator in high school, so I blame him for Hillary's tendency to debate all things. She also loves to play the devil's advocate, so it really doesn't matter what she thinks about an issue, just the thrill of the arguement :)

Kim
Lisa~~ said…
Love reading all the updates. Happy to hear that Austin is doing so well. I feel you with the terrible twos and having the little one in trouble. Oh my, some days by 8:00am Maisie's had all of her favorite things already taken away for the day...it's crazy!! Hang in there though, this too shall pass.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...