Hippity, hoppity and I don't mean the famous Easter Bunny. I am talking about frogs. Big ones, little ones, green, bumpy, and full of loud croak ones. Frogs at Easter you ask? Well yep...and LOTS of them. We went for Easter to the southern part of our state where it is warm. We didn't get to stay as long as hoped due to church commitments, but we squeezed a few good days in. Anyway, we stayed at my parents winter home. There is a man made pond in their back yard. This year, the pond was FILLED with frogs. At night, they would sing and sing loudly! You could hear them in the house with the doors and windows closed.

Of course, this was too much for my two boys. When I say boys, I mean Alex and Jay. They were out every night with flashlights catching tons of frogs. They grossed out me and Austin and Kenzie, but Maylin would pet them with one finger and giggle. They had a great time. They loved making us squirm by bring the frogs close to us. Oh well, boys will be boys. Even when they are over 40. ** No frogs were hurt or kept in their catching. All were left healthy and free.
We had a nice trip. I was bummed though. Sunday night I read an email from my friend who lives in Vegas. She had been in the same city we were then in the day before. Why do things always work out that way? I would have loved to see her. Instead of my friend, I got frogs.
Of course, this was too much for my two boys. When I say boys, I mean Alex and Jay. They were out every night with flashlights catching tons of frogs. They grossed out me and Austin and Kenzie, but Maylin would pet them with one finger and giggle. They had a great time. They loved making us squirm by bring the frogs close to us. Oh well, boys will be boys. Even when they are over 40. ** No frogs were hurt or kept in their catching. All were left healthy and free.
We had a nice trip. I was bummed though. Sunday night I read an email from my friend who lives in Vegas. She had been in the same city we were then in the day before. Why do things always work out that way? I would have loved to see her. Instead of my friend, I got frogs.

Comments
I'm glad that you got to take a quick vacation. I'm sure coming back to SNOW today wasn't fun.
Kim
Reminds me of our ponds in Minnesota!! Sorry but they are noisy :)