Skip to main content

Its been one year! Oh, make that two too.

I would have posted this earlier, but we didn't want to jinx ourselves, but today July 17 is the two year mark of Austin's 3rd open heart surgery and our year mark for his 4th. This date will always be firmly ingrained in our brains as both surgeries, how ironic, fell on July 17, 2007 and 2008. Austin has been nervous as this day approached. I think he asked me every day since July 1, if I thought he would be okay and make it through the date. This week he has had increased rhythm problems so his heart med has been increased. I am wondering if it wasn't stress or worry induced. He wanted to spend the day at the hospital, thanking those he knew. Unfortunately, Alex was too sick to go. Maybe it was for the best. I didn't know it I could be there on this day. Anyway, please celebrate with us!!! We made it a year....surgery free!! On July 24 it will be our year anniversary from our 5th open heart. Here's wishing we make it through that date too! We send gratitude to our loving Heavenly Father for answering our prayers.

July 17, 2008 - one year ago today.




Austin today on July 17, 2008 - what a difference. I love that smile.

Comments

Lisa~~ said…
Congrats on a surgery free year and may Austin have many more of the same. Hope that Alex feels better soon and that you all stay well and enjoy your time together this summer. Hugs to all of you.
Dione said…
What a strong and handsome boy! Congratulations on having a smoother year!
M3 said…
Celebrating this awesome anniversary with you!!! Huge hugs.
The Stanley's said…
What a wonderful celebration. Austin you are a blessing in our lives. We love you!!!!

I'm thinking he might be causing the crazy heartbeats in all of the girls!! Great picture of a healthy, happy, young man!
Anonymous said…
OH, so glad that Austin made it through the year. What a two years it had been prior to that! Congratulations to you and to Austin! Prayers and wishes for the 24th.
grandma GiGI said…
We all are so grateful that Austin is with us....and we recognize the hand of the Lord in it all. It's wonderful to see him happy and smiling and feeling great !
Congrats on a whole year. Hope everything keeps being great. I love that happy smile.
Erin said…
I am so happy and relieved too, that Austin s strong and healthy. I know how hard those days are to remember and re-live. Next year will be even better... I just know it! His smile is so handsome. He has grown so much! Looking like a man...
Shauna said…
Congrats! That is very exciting!
Claudia said…
Yay!! Glad this July has been a better one than last! Austin looks great (I love the hair!)!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...