Skip to main content

Youth

I work with the 14-15 year old girls in my church. We have weekly activities where we learn things about faith, knowledge, good works, integrity, virtue, choice and accountability,individual worth and divine nature. We have a book club every other month to help the girls read and learn from good books. This week was our book club. We read "Goose Girl" by Shannon Hale. It was a great book. After discussing it, we had a shaving cream fight. Man! The girls had so much fun. I even got "creamed". We cleaned off later with water balloons and the hose. I was so glad to see the girls really bond. After the activity they all left together to hang out! What a good thing. I love it when they find goodness in each other and enjoy each other's company.
 

 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Rebecca said…
Hey Laurel,

We had a great time last night! You are an awesome leader! Did you finally get the shaving cream out of your ear?
Valorie said…
Laurel,
What a great activity! You have an amazing calling!!
Lisa~~ said…
What a great bonding experience and activity, looks like fun for all the girls.
You are an awesome leader! You know that my girls really are going to want to come when they see this post! They are at girls camp this week...Lee's with them so hopefully all is well.

Kim
M3 said…
Looks hilarious!!

Ok, don't laugh, but I just sat there studying all the pics, and I can't even tell--are you in there somewhere under all that shaving cream? Too funny.
Anonymous said…
You are such a great YW leader...shaving Cream and all! I loved Goose Girl:)
The Stanley's said…
I want to be with you! You are so fun. The girls look so happy.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...