Skip to main content

Modge Podge

I love the word modge podge. I remember when I was young how modge podge was the thing! I think every thing was modge podged, or at least we thought every thing could or should be. I used modge podge for the first time in YEARS the other night when I made magnets. It brought back memories. In fact a "modge podge" of memories. Thus, the title of this blog. Here is a modge podge of memories from this past week.

First, Aus was asked to a girl's choice dance at a local high school. He doesn't go to public school, so it was quite the adventure. He had never seen so many kids in one place. Considering his 11th grade class consists of 15 kids, this is understandable. He had a great time. Obviously it was a costume dance. They had dinner at the girl's home. I was at a football game and missed his big send off, so I went to the girl's home and took pictures there. Yea, he was embarrassed, but the other kids he was with didn't care at all. Nini went with and of course had to get in the shot!
 
Posted by Picasa


Second, Little A, as his football coach calls him, got hurt. He sprained his ankle. He missed a game yesterday. Thank heavens they played the worse team in the league. He has two kids on his team whose dad's are physical therapists and they set him up with equipment to help his foot get better by next week. They play the team they are tied with for 1st. They want him better! He wants to be better too. Here he is after he did his exercises, enjoying the electro-stimulus and an ice pack.
 

 

Comments

Valorie said…
Love Austin's costume! How fun. I'm sorry about Alex's ankle. Josh had a broken ankle at the beginning of the summer and it's tough. I hope he feels better soon!
Dione said…
Wow! To have physical therapists set you up - those shocker things are awesome! Not to mention the frozen veggies!

Austin and his date are so cute! He must be quite the popular boy ~ always getting asked out! He sure is cute!
Lisa~~ said…
Hope that the ankle heals quickly and hope that Austin had fun at the dance.
I've never gotten to bring the shocker home...always office visits- you're working it right! But sorry for the down time :(

The pirates are darling. I'm guessing this is where I will be next year...hopefully Hills will date *nice* boys like your Austin.

Kim
grandma GiGI said…
Cool costumes! Lucky kids! Alex...get better fast....your team needs you badly!
Anonymous said…
Get better Alex! Great costumes and I loved that you went to her home to take pictures:)

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...