Skip to main content

October

Today we went to the pumpkin patch with our friends Hazel, Eliza and Emily! What a wonderful way to welcome in October. I guess I should say what a wonderful way to get me to realize that we are out of September. I have been living in the past. Time went way to fast this month.

Anyway, today we played in hay mazes, picked pumpkins, rode in wagons, ate at McDonald's, visited and enjoyed each other's company. It was a grand day. Maylin is a bit afraid (okay a lot afraid) of Halloween. She was last year too. I was concerned how she would do at the patch. She did great until we walked by a zombie statue at the pumpkin weigh-in. She saw him and just stopped dead in her tracks. She didn't move for a minute and I just watched to see what she would do. All of a sudden she let out a little whimper and then ran for my leg where the whimper turned to a bit of a yelp.

Here are some of the highlights of the day!
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Comments

hooli said…
that looks like so much fun. i'm envious. i totally needed your garden advice today. what do i do when there is a freeze warning? Do i cover stuff? what do I cover?
Anonymous said…
Super cute!
RSCE said…
How fun, I love little kids in pumpkin patches, so cute.
Valorie said…
Laurel, I love those pictures. You are such a fun mom!
Anonymous said…
What great pictures:) Thank you for a very fun day and for listening:)
shelley said…
Oh that looks like so much fun. This is my FAVE time of year. The girls are growing soooo fast.
grandma GiGI said…
Darling little girls...It's great that they can be friends.
Rebecca said…
looks like you had so much fun, where is the patch you went to? It looks really cool!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...