Ever had one of those days that starts out bad or weird and just keeps getting worse or weirder? Well that was my day. It began when I woke up at 3:30 a.m. for absolutely no reason. I could not go back to sleep. At 6:45, Maylin woke up. Now, this is weird because she is a sleeper and always sleeps to 9 or later. She had a field trip for preschool so I chalked it up to that. At 9:30 a.m. as we were 5 minutes away from her field trip, she fell asleep. Obviously, I had to wake her when we got there, but I really don't think she truly woke up. She acted like an infant the WHOLE time. She crawled, scooted on her bum, goo-goo ed and gaa-gawd the whole time. It was like she was glazed over. On the way home she fell asleep again. This time she woke on her own after 15 minutes. She really wanted to sleep, but instead screamed until we had to leave for her passport appointment. Here are pictures of the field trip. You can see the glazed look in this first picture and do you like how I am letting her climb when it clearly states, "No climbing."
We are going on a trip, thus the reason for a passport. I brought her birth certificate that we got after we re-adopted her in our state. When I got the birth certificate they said this was her official birth certificate, it was all I would need, yada, yada, yada. I had this feeling that I should just take our whole adoption binder with us, and for all you adoption families you know how big those are. I am holding that and dragging Nini in the post office and I am not kidding you, as soon as we got in she yelled, "I got to poo!" Yep. No bathrooms in the post office and we have an appointment. I told her to hold it. The whole time during the appointment she is running around and chanting, "Poo, Poo." or "I need to poo." Great.
We get all the paperwork done and I give the man her birth certificate (listen to this all you adoption folks) and he says, "This won't work because it says 'delayed birth certificate on it." I said, "That is all we have. That is what the state gave me and said it would be all I ever needed." He says, "Well it won't work. I need one that is not 'delayed'. Do you have her China birth certificate in English!" Of course, this is going on with "poo, poo" in the back ground. I told him I don't have a Chinese birth certificate in English. So I start going through the binder offering him every thing. He took Nini's certificate of citizenship and our court papers and said he hoped this would push through our "delayed birth certificate." I told him of course it was going to be delayed, we got it when she was one and a half, but they said it was official. He tells me there is a statement on the bottom of the birth certificate that might make it alright to use, but he really wasn't sure if he really understood the statement printed on the bottom of her certificate or not! So I guess we will see if she gets a passport or not! Any hints to this dilemma?
She fell asleep on the way home, of course after a "poo poo" break at a grocery store. By this point I am absolutely exhausted and once home, I fell asleep by her too. When I woke up an hour later, I poured my self a drink. Look what I found in my juice.
If you couldn't tell those are chocolate chips. When she woke up 3 hours later I asked her and she said "I did it mom!" Okay. But why?
We are going on a trip, thus the reason for a passport. I brought her birth certificate that we got after we re-adopted her in our state. When I got the birth certificate they said this was her official birth certificate, it was all I would need, yada, yada, yada. I had this feeling that I should just take our whole adoption binder with us, and for all you adoption families you know how big those are. I am holding that and dragging Nini in the post office and I am not kidding you, as soon as we got in she yelled, "I got to poo!" Yep. No bathrooms in the post office and we have an appointment. I told her to hold it. The whole time during the appointment she is running around and chanting, "Poo, Poo." or "I need to poo." Great.
We get all the paperwork done and I give the man her birth certificate (listen to this all you adoption folks) and he says, "This won't work because it says 'delayed birth certificate on it." I said, "That is all we have. That is what the state gave me and said it would be all I ever needed." He says, "Well it won't work. I need one that is not 'delayed'. Do you have her China birth certificate in English!" Of course, this is going on with "poo, poo" in the back ground. I told him I don't have a Chinese birth certificate in English. So I start going through the binder offering him every thing. He took Nini's certificate of citizenship and our court papers and said he hoped this would push through our "delayed birth certificate." I told him of course it was going to be delayed, we got it when she was one and a half, but they said it was official. He tells me there is a statement on the bottom of the birth certificate that might make it alright to use, but he really wasn't sure if he really understood the statement printed on the bottom of her certificate or not! So I guess we will see if she gets a passport or not! Any hints to this dilemma?
She fell asleep on the way home, of course after a "poo poo" break at a grocery store. By this point I am absolutely exhausted and once home, I fell asleep by her too. When I woke up an hour later, I poured my self a drink. Look what I found in my juice.

Comments
I think that the certificate of citizenship will work. Did you use her Chinese passport?? I really can't remember what we needed to get Kai's, but I know that I sent the cert of citizenship. Sorry I'm not much more help- I'm behind on my own kid's documentation :)
Don't tell me you are going somewhere wonderful and tropical just as the snow begins to fly around here!
Kim
today i took the boys to a playdate at a very VERY very nice mcmansion. anyway, cooper came running and said, "hurry, heath pooped in his pants and we're all sicked out."
we all ran downstairs to find one of the boys -- who is almost 5 -- naked and picking up his poop individually out of his underwear and plopping it in the toilet. my goodness. can you say gag reflex!!??!