The last couple of weeks have been stressful. Austin has been having trouble. We ended up in the ER. They couldn't find anything, but he is still having chest pain, left arm pain and other issues. We have had last minute science projects, over flowing toilets, a working around the clock dad, sicknesses (Kenzie, Maylin and me) and just some other crap that I really didn't need. Tonight while having a bath with Maylin and 8 Barbies and 1 GI Joe doll, I realized all that stuff doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is that I love my baby and my kids and my hubby. I looked at Maylin and just wanted to hug her. Not only because of the love I felt, but I was hoping that some of her simple joy and her carefree spirit would rub off on me! I need a bit of "carefreeness"...that is not a word, I know, but I hope you get what I mean.
Today, Maylin amazed me with her understanding. Someone asked us today if she was adopted. I answered yes and Maylin proceeded to say, "I am from China. My berf mom wrapped me in a special lellow banket and put me in a box. She left me by the orfandge. I stayed there until my mommy got me." Speechless. We have told her the story and showed her the pictures that we have, but I had no idea she really listened and got it. Wow.
Tonight in the tub, she cracked me up. She rubbed each Barbie down with soap and then rinsed it and then made me hold the clean ones. When she got to the GI Joe doll, she asked me his name. I told her and she said, "That can't be his name. That is a movie."
Then she took the boy doll and a girl doll and had them kiss! She said to me, "They are honeys. They kiss like you and dad cause you are honeys too."
She also told me "I am getting to be 4. You can't carry me anymore when I am 4. That makes me sad. Can we still take a tub when I am 4?"
To top it off, she tells me that someday she is going to marry a honey. Then she says, "I will live across the street from you. I will come over and say 'Hi. Its Maylin.' Even though I have a honey, I will still be your daughter."
Okay! See why she melted my heart. She broke the stress, even for a bit, and reminded me that life still can be simple and sweet.
Today, Maylin amazed me with her understanding. Someone asked us today if she was adopted. I answered yes and Maylin proceeded to say, "I am from China. My berf mom wrapped me in a special lellow banket and put me in a box. She left me by the orfandge. I stayed there until my mommy got me." Speechless. We have told her the story and showed her the pictures that we have, but I had no idea she really listened and got it. Wow.
Tonight in the tub, she cracked me up. She rubbed each Barbie down with soap and then rinsed it and then made me hold the clean ones. When she got to the GI Joe doll, she asked me his name. I told her and she said, "That can't be his name. That is a movie."
Then she took the boy doll and a girl doll and had them kiss! She said to me, "They are honeys. They kiss like you and dad cause you are honeys too."
She also told me "I am getting to be 4. You can't carry me anymore when I am 4. That makes me sad. Can we still take a tub when I am 4?"
To top it off, she tells me that someday she is going to marry a honey. Then she says, "I will live across the street from you. I will come over and say 'Hi. Its Maylin.' Even though I have a honey, I will still be your daughter."
Okay! See why she melted my heart. She broke the stress, even for a bit, and reminded me that life still can be simple and sweet.

Comments
Hoping you have an easy, carefree weekend -- you deserve it! And man I hope Austin doesn't have any more troubles.
I'm so sorry to hear about Austin. He's been doing so well. I'll keep you all in my prayers.
Love
kim
Maylin melts my heart and has made my day!