Skip to main content

Commencement

The past two weeks have been filled with graduation parties, trips, dinners and of course the actual event. Thanks to everyone who sent their well wishes Austin's way.

Last week, I went on a 3 day Senior trip with Austin and his classmates. There were 25 of us. Five were chaperons. We went to St. George, Utah. We enjoyed the sun and the company. It was so great to see the kids together! They love each other so much it is amazing.

On day one, we swam, played basketball, ultimate Frisbee, ate and talked. On day two, we hiked Angel's Landing in Zion's National Park. I did the whole thing until we got to the part you have to pull yourself up on a chain with 1,000 foot drop offs on either side. I did half of that and then enough was enough and my little chicken butt went back to the safe part to nervously wait for my son and the others to come back. They made it and had a great time. That night we went out to dinner, played Steal the Flag and talked.

On day three we had a devotional at the St. George LDS temple, had lunch and custard (ice creams rich, amazing cousin) and then drove home. The kids were wonderful. They all cried the last day and had several group hugs with their teacher smack dab in the middle of the hug. It was an awesome sight. The kids took turns sharing their feeling about the school and their classmates. It was so wonderful.
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


The group hug!

One of the nights the boys in the class said they were having "Male Bonding" time. They were hilarious. They would run together to the diving board and go off one-after-another. They did the same on the slide. They did synchronized dives off the side. They even did a little synchronized swimming as pictured here. They were great! So cute.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...