I have felt like summer has just been buzzing by. There are so many things I want to do with the kids. It is my last summer with them all home. Unfortunately, everyday pretty much has been at the doctor or dentist or recovering from one of those procedures. I feel like summer is slipping through my fingers.
After Monday, we will only have one doctor's visit left. So I have made plans. BIG PLANS. I am going to take the kids to a ranch that our church owns where they raise cattle. They butcher the cattle and send the meat to the poor all over the world. Families can go and work there. They can help repair fences, build them, move hay, clean the barn....the list goes on. I went there with Austin for his Senior service day. It was awesome. Maylin went too and loved it. I want to go to a water park. I want to go to our cabin. I want to go hiking. I want to go horseback riding. I want to just be together.
Today, I took Alex to the Chiropractor. He hurt his back playing tackle b-ball on the tramp. The things boys do! (So, I know a certain family member who is screaming over those last two sentences!) :) This Chiropractor is a father to one of Alex's friends. They played football together. While there they told us Alex's football coach's son, and he was a fellow player, was just diagnosed with a rare bone cancer. They had to amputate his leg. Alex was heart sick. They were good football buds.
Alex is my worrier. He has always worried about someone around him dying or even himself. I think living in our house with Austin has done that too him. He has just fretted over his friend all day today. They are having a fund raiser for the boy tomorrow and Alex is going to help. He keeps asking me to find out what the boy's chances are. I looked online. They weren't good. Told Alex I couldn't really find anything and every case is different. I don't need my little worrier to worry any more than he already does.
Hearing this news also made me fret over how fast summer is going. It is so true that life changes on a dime. Everyday really needs to be lived like it was the last. Time can't be wasted. I guess I feel like some of my days are.
After Monday, we will only have one doctor's visit left. So I have made plans. BIG PLANS. I am going to take the kids to a ranch that our church owns where they raise cattle. They butcher the cattle and send the meat to the poor all over the world. Families can go and work there. They can help repair fences, build them, move hay, clean the barn....the list goes on. I went there with Austin for his Senior service day. It was awesome. Maylin went too and loved it. I want to go to a water park. I want to go to our cabin. I want to go hiking. I want to go horseback riding. I want to just be together.
Today, I took Alex to the Chiropractor. He hurt his back playing tackle b-ball on the tramp. The things boys do! (So, I know a certain family member who is screaming over those last two sentences!) :) This Chiropractor is a father to one of Alex's friends. They played football together. While there they told us Alex's football coach's son, and he was a fellow player, was just diagnosed with a rare bone cancer. They had to amputate his leg. Alex was heart sick. They were good football buds.
Alex is my worrier. He has always worried about someone around him dying or even himself. I think living in our house with Austin has done that too him. He has just fretted over his friend all day today. They are having a fund raiser for the boy tomorrow and Alex is going to help. He keeps asking me to find out what the boy's chances are. I looked online. They weren't good. Told Alex I couldn't really find anything and every case is different. I don't need my little worrier to worry any more than he already does.
Hearing this news also made me fret over how fast summer is going. It is so true that life changes on a dime. Everyday really needs to be lived like it was the last. Time can't be wasted. I guess I feel like some of my days are.
Comments