Skip to main content

Activities at our condo

Our condo was so pretty. We grilled steaks there, hunted for fruit, walked, went to the beach and explored the very fancy hotel that we shared a beach with. It was called the St. Regis.

Out beach was on a reef so snorkeling was fantastic. Jay and Maylin saw a reef shark there. Scared the pants off of them. Maylin got out for the day after that encounter. I liked it because when then tide was low, you could walk on the reef and see the sea life with out having to get wet!! I enjoyed sitting in the sun or in the water watching the rest snorkel. I did got out another couple of times with them though. We saw sea cucumbers, urchins, tons and tons of fancy fish, eels, turtles, etc

I think one of my favorite times was when the boys and I got up early and explored the wild around our condo. The boys found coconuts, mandarin oranges and lemons on trees and actually picked them. They were delicious, but the time spent with them exploring in the early morning was the highlight, at least for me.

We also walked over to the hotel we shared a beach with. It was pretty dang fancy. We checked it out and acted all fancy like we belonged there.  On the way home, we decided to take the road route rather than the beach. But it was dark and we got lost. It was so funny. We were laughing the whole way and Alex spent most of his time pretending the umbrella was a light saber and he was stabbing us all. It was hilarious. We ended up taking some back stair way down the hill, down the side of the hotel and back to the beach so we could find our way home. We were laughing so hard because only would the Hill's get lost and be in such a funny circumstance. The Christmas decorations at this hotel and our condo were so pretty.

We loved watching the sunsets. The whole surroundings were perfect.

The St. Regis is behind Kenzie. We shared the beach with them. 


The tide was lower here and you can see the reef. That point tip on the end of the mountain is Bali Hai! What a view.











 









Making a plan to get the mandarin oranges down. The boys were so funny to watch.





These two Nene's would come each morning to look for food. Sometimes their 3 babies or friends would come too. 

 









This is one of the many shots Austin and Alex got with their Go-Pros while snorkeling. Hi Mr. Turtle.


Comments

emma nelson said…
Beautiful photography and scenery. I's nice to know people who can spend Christmas in
Hawaii...then we can share it.!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...