Christmas Eve, I realized it was Christmas Eve. We always make homemade sugar cookie for Santa and I wanted to keep the tradition going since we were away from home and it could be our last Christmas as a little family.....before spouses start appearing. I ran to the store and found all the things for sugar cookies were gone. So, I got peanut butter cookie dough and we made those and frosted them for Santa. May I say, they are pretty good. We played games that night and had a nice dinner.
Christmas morning, the kids woke to small gifts. They each got a shirt and candy. Maylin also got lip gloss. We figured Hawaii was the present. We had a good breakfast and then read the story of the birth of Jesus from the Bible and Book of Mormon. We also had a little devotional on making Christmas or Christ in everyday and finding Him there always. It was great.
We then headed out to a relaxing day beach hopping. It rained quite a bit in the morning, but it wasn't a big deal. We went to a beach first and checked out the caves and the cool inlet. They were fun to explore and Kens got a picture with a lifeguard......I loved how he posed by doing a photobomb impersonation. It was too wavy in this area, so we drove down to a beach called Tunnels. It was so pretty there. We had a great time snorkeling and hanging on the beach. We found some great shells.
After a while here, we went and had a picnic and then body surfed and built sand sculptures at Hanalai Beach. The boys had just seen Star Wars the night before we left for Hawaii, so they mad Kylo Ren's saber. The girls did a traditional castle. It was pretty fun. Jay and I enjoyed the warm, calm water and just body surfed.
There was a man there making a sand sculpture that was absolutely amazing. He had been working on it for over 8 hours. He was just finishing as we left. It was an awesome Christmas Day. Just being with family, enjoying God's creations and celebrating the birth of the Savior by enjoying the world around us made it a perfect holiday.
Comments