Sometimes life gets really hard. I feel like the last 2 years of our lives have been ridiculously difficult. It is as if we can't catch a break. I have been trying to find things each day that are good things. Things that I can be grateful for. I even have been having prayers of gratitude at night hoping I will find the silver lining in all that has been so dreary. Here are three moments recently that were joyful.
Alex got asked to Sadies by his girlfriend. Here is her cute poster. While running from our house she tripped over our step and fell and broke her toe. I am not happy she broke her toe, but it was a good story and one she said would help her remember the great time. They had a very fun time at the dance.
One night, Alex and I were driving home from the store at about 10. We saw a deer cross the road in front of us and go into a field. Alex wanted to see how many points the deer was so we drove into the field and watched that deer, tried to count his points and took pictures of that deer for over an hour. He were doing some serious 4 wheeling. We did not scare the deer, but were very cautious of its feelings. It was fun to do something spontaneous with your child for an hour.
Best thing ever - A NAP! With those you love. After watching the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints First Presidency Christmas message, we all fell asleep snuggled on the couch. That was a special moment. Yes, my mouth was open.
Comments