Skip to main content

Did you just call me old?

I have been trying to figure out my new camera lens. I have discovered that my camera can do so much and I am hardly using what is available. I have tried reading the instruciton book, but I don't understand it. My bloggy friend has sent me info on online classes. I would love to take one, but when? It is hard to take a class when you have a 4 year old on your lap all the time. So, I have been trying to learn by taking a lot of pictures with the new lens. Man, can it get close up! The kids have enjoyed taking close ups of me and flowers etc. Tonight, I was showing my hubby all the shots we have taken with my lens. We came to this one of me taken by Alex, and he said, "Man! We're getting old." I hit him. Seriously, glad all those wrinkles were magnified enough for him to realize I am old. I can see them without the lens. I think he can too, we are just never close enough for him to get a good look.
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Rebecca said…
LOL, you have to realize how old your Spirit is...You are so wise beyond your years, that evetually it would show on your face. But seriously you are not OLD, not at all!
Anonymous said…
Whenever you are feeling old come and hang out with me:) Seriously you look great. And who can be old with a four-year old?
Circe said…
I think that is an absolutely beautiful picture!
Joey/Denny/Emma said…
Yes, ditto Circe. You are BEE-YOO-TEE-FULL!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...