Skip to main content

Update

Austin's appointment went fine. They ran some tests, adjusted things a bit and told me they feel confident the pacemaker is working and that he will be fine. Relief!

Got him off at the airport. I think he was a bit nervous. When we went in and I had him check in on his own while I watched, he turned to me and said, "I can't believe you are letting me go 1/2 way around the world by myself." He had never expressed that so I am betting the reality of it got to him a bit. He was super excited though. I watched him all the way through security. Mainly to see if he remembered to put his passport thing back around his neck and to see if he didn't walk through the security check, but told them about his pacemaker/defibrillator. He did it. Good thing I went because when they asked for his boarding pass he freaked. He couldn't remember where we put it. That was funny because we specifically selected a pocket in his backpack that he would easily remember. I wouldn't tell him, just said, "Think about it Austin." He remembered shortly after. I am chalking it up to nerves.

Haven't heard from him since his flight left at 11ish. He had a 6 hour lay over in Atlanta. He gets to Israel tomorrow evening around dinner. Long Travel!!!

Maylin had a fever all night. It was 104 a minute ago when I checked her. She also threw up right after we got home from the airport this morning. Great.

Comments

Circe said…
I am so glad you let him go. My mom took me to Paris for a semester when I was 14. (My dad stayed home with the little brothers) I spent every day by myself taking the metro to my French tutor's apartment, visiting museums and eating pastries while my mom was in class, and I lived alone in the maid's quarters of a South African family. It opened my eyes and changed my life in such a good way. Austin is so lucky! I just hope you survive!
Rebecca said…
Sounds like Austin is going to have an experience of a life time, you are such a great mom, making him think for himself, allowing him to have experiences that will help him to grow.
I hope Maylin is feeling better she didn't look like she felt well last night.
Lisa~~ said…
Good to hear that all was okay with Austin and that he got off as well. Hope that he has a wonderful trip and stays healthy too.

Sending good wishes for Maylin that she's better soon.
Thanks for the update. I have been waiting to hear. I'm so glad I have you to be the pioneer with all these big moments in motherhood ;)

And I'm sorry you have a little sickie, too. I hope she's feeling better soon. Maybe if the weather would just warm up!

Kim

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...