Skip to main content

Mud baths!

Today was a relaxed day in Israel. The kids were glad. They had moved, moved, moved, so this day was welcome. They visited the Masada, Qumran, the Dead Sea and learned a lot about the Dead Sea scrolls. I am looking forward to hearing what he learned.

They went to Qumran and the Dead Sea. The kids spent a lot of time floating in the water. The dad reported it was amazing how easy it was to float. The water was filled with so many minerals that it was very oily like baby oil. The kids rubbed themselves down with the mud to give themselves "facial and body treatments!" They all looked great. I kinda worried when the dad wrote they were warned not to get any water in their eyes or mouths. If they did they were to seek immediate help! What?!?!

Only one boy got it in his eyes, so they got him taken care of.

They are not following the itinerary that I have AT ALL! So each day is a new surprise. I hope you love these photos as much as I did. Austin seems so happy!!!


Love this photo. Look how happy he is!!!

Austin, by his friend, Austin. They have renamed each other as they are a bit tired of the same name. Their middle names both start with J. and their last names both start with H, so the renaming thing is the best bet for them. They named Austin, Carlos. Not sure why, he doesn't look like a Carlos at all.


Walker, Austin's friend. He apparently REALLY got into the mud bath thing. Its his dad that is sending the pictures.



Austin's buddy and roommate, Erik.

Erik got water in his eyes. Here Mr. Haymond their teacher is taking care of the situation.


The tram up to Masada. This fort was fortified by King Herod. When Masada was discovered their was a lot of excitement in Israel.

Learning inside the fort.



Hanging out at the gift shop. I see a bag in Austin's hand!!! That means he bought something. I was so worried. He told me he was afraid to spend any money. I gave his the "You better buy something if you are over there lecture." Good boy, Austin!!

The dad posted this with the photo: "You know it is going to be an interesting day when you are able to take a picture like this from a moving vehicle."

This is a picture of the caves that the Dead Sea Scrolls were found. There are 11 caves and the scrolls were in one of them. This is the couple that sends me info!

Comments

Circe said…
It looks like Carlos is having a great time! hee hee. I actually thought about naming our baby Carlos after Scott's great-grandfather who was named Don Carlos. But he said no. I don't know which is worse, Carlos or Ptolemy! But Austin is good! :)
Lisa~~ said…
What a great trip for Aus, glad he's having such a wonderful time.
Glenda said…
These pictures are fascinating. Trip of a lifetime...How I wish I could have done that sometime.
Claudia said…
I had a roommate in college who had a face mask that had minerals/salts from the Dead Sea. Apparently it was pretty expensive stuff. So the kids had the right idea! Lucky that they got to get the full body treatment!
grandma GiGI said…
So excited to see pictures that bring back memories. Such a great opportunity for Austin..! Love to be with them.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...