Skip to main content

Bored


We were bored today. We have spent almost every day this week at a doctor or dentist. (By the way, they tried to do Maylin's teeth...got two done, but then the kicking/crying/screaming started. Will go back for sedation and they will do the rest.)So today, we wanted to do something fun. It was not hot enough to go swimming, but it was too warm to not be outside. We put our heads together while at breakfast at IHOP and came up with a shaving cream fight!

We had a good time!
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa




P.S. We had a water fight to clean off. Squirt guns, the slip-n-slide, water balloons and then the hose. By then, the group was clean enough to send through the house to the showers.

Comments

Valorie said…
I am totally laughing my head off. Love the hairdo's. You guys have way too much fun at your house.
M3 said…
My my my, definitely beat the boredom back in a great way.

So did they troop into the showers afterwards or did you hose them off? Hee!
Lisa~~ said…
Very fun!! Too bad you couldn't get Maylin's teeth done in one go, not fun having to go back again.
Anonymous said…
This has to be the best one yet! Love Alex's hairdo, Maylin's mummy face,McKenzie's face mask, and Austin's overall good looks.
Honestly! what will you'all think of next?
Anonymous said…
p.s, Bless your little pointed heads...There must be a unicorn in the family somewhere!
The Stanley's said…
You guys are crazy fun. I loved the hair styles and poses. We just take turns standing in front of the pantry door. Welcome to summer boredom, huh.

You get the award for creativity!!!
Nate said…
Now that sounds like a great way to end boredom! SO glad about your test results ok.
Glenda said…
What fun..Maylin's hairdo wins the prize!
Lisa and Tate said…
TOOO funny... you are such a fun and CREATIVE mom!
Joey/Denny/Emma said…
Those are absolutely hilarious photos. What a blast!
LOVE IT! Somehow I missed this post. I'm so glad I backtracked a bit.

You're awesome!

And that pic of Alex is classic.

Kim

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...