Skip to main content

Happy birthday to me!

In exactly 35 minutes it will be June 28th, my birthday! I will be 43. You know you are old when you actually question when your birthday is. Today, I actually wondered if it was the 27th, not the 28th. What happens to our brains? We celebrated tonight with a BBQ and with dutch oven chocolate molten cake. I did it a day ahead because my kids will all be busy tomorrow....maybe that is why I started to get confused. It was a fun night.

Here are some pictures of my yard. One of my favorite things!!!!
 

 

 

We partied so hard tonight....and stayed up late, Maylin fell asleep on the laundry room floor with only a laundry basket to hold her up. Man, good thing I didn't do the laundry so she would have something to lean on. That was well planned. Heh hee he.
 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday Laurel! Hope your day is wonderful.

Absolutely sweet photo of Miss M!
Rebecca said…
Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Laurel, Happy Birthday to you. When would you like your cake?
The Stanley's said…
We celebrated Ryan's the 26th because the 27th was too busy. It must be a 2011 trend. Happy birthday my friend. I think you are awesome. LOVE the flowers!!
Lisa~~ said…
Big hugs and Happy Birthday!!! Your yard as always looks gorgeous.
Nate said…
Happy Birthday Laurel!! Though I have been blessed to know you for only 4 of the 43 years, you are an amazing person and I am continually surprised with all you accomplish. Your yard looks great!
RSCE said…
Happy Birthday!! I knew there were some good reasons for not doing laundry, :) she's too cute.
Circe said…
Happy birthday! I'm so glad to know you and to have your fun, wonderful example and friendship. Love ya!
M3 said…
Happy birthday Laurel!!!! Hope it's awesome.

(I actually have to stop and think when someone asks me how old I am. When did that become a hard question? Dang faulty old memory!)
Happy Late Birthday. Looks like you had a great day. Don't worry, laundry is never done.
Valorie said…
Laurel, I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I count myself so fortunate to be your friend. I love keeping up with you on your blog. Your yard is absolutely STUNNING! Happy Happy Birthday!
Anonymous said…
Your flowers are beautiful! Yes, B-days do get side-tracked as we get older but they happen anyway.
Anxious tosee the rest of the cabin photos.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...