Skip to main content

How do you do at the dentist?

Yesterday, the girls had dentist appointments. Usually they both have awesome check-ups. However, due to it being a very bad week the cards were stacked against us. Kens had 3 cavities. Little Miss "I think I am so cool at the dentist" who enjoyed the movie, the ability to cross her legs etc, had 8 cavities. Yep. You read it right. And to top it off, two of those need caps! Gag! I about choked when they told me that would be $1,400.00. I am sure when they do all that work, my sweet baby won't be sitting so relaxed. Poor thing.
 

 
Aren't those little legs so cute?!

So, to add to the list of what is going wrong....Alex broke his big toe. He did it when he did a back flip in a bounce house. I guess we are lucky that is all he broke.

I have developed Raynauds's Syndrome. It is a pain. It is where your fingers loose circulation and they go completely white and are cold for a long time. It started this winter. It got better when it started to get warmer, but still happens when I get anything out of the fridge or a glass of ice water. After a trip to the doctor yesterday, apparently people can actually lose fingers over this and can get gangrene, I am now taking an aspirin a day and during the winter when it is the worst I will have to take a blood pressure medication. It can spred to your toes and to the tip of your nose.
This is a picture of my finger when it is having issues. Sometimes it will be multiple fingers and sometimes it will go all the way to the hand. It never is the same finger or fingers. The other day it happend to my pointer and ring finger on the left hand and the three middle fingers on the right hand. I never know what will happen when it does its thing. I can tell when it is going to happen because my finger(s) hurt(s) really bad.

Austin is having his wisdom teeth out next week. He is having them out at the University hospital. They want him there as a precaution with his heart issues and because he takes an aspirin they will be able to deal with preventing bleeding issues better. His cardiologist is trying to decide if he can go off his aspirin for a few days or not, which would help things. I had no idea that wisdom teeth become a complicated deal when you have a heart issue.

Jay's car got out of the shop last week. The transmission died. It was back in this week because the brakes went out. Hmmmm.....why does this happen when you get the dang car paid off and the warranty is out?

I am not complaining at all. I am just sharing. Yesterday, I spent the day laughing at how funny it all is. Just last week I said to someone that we had more than we could handle. Apparently I was wrong. There was more. Maybe I jinxed our family. But it is nice to know that I can actually handle more. Guess I am stronger than I thought. The Lord knows me pretty well.
Posted by Picasa

Comments

Lisa~~ said…
My goodness you've had quite your share of problems. Hope that all goes well for Austin's extractions and that the girls do well with the dentist. Take good care of yourself and hopefully the meds will help. Big hugs to all of you.
Nate said…
You are amazingly upbeat about everything. Good luck to Austin and Maylin at the dentist. Your syndrome doesn't sound like much fun either! Hang in there. We love you.
Circe said…
You're awesome. I hope you can't handle much more, though, or the Lord just might throw it at you! I hope things go well all around and that your fingers stop their nonsense!
Valorie said…
Good Grief!!! I hope things improve soon. You handle difficult circumstances so well. I want to sent some sunshine your way.
Anonymous said…
Wow bless your heart you do have a lot going on.
 
I hope you can somehow cure or lessen the issues you are having with your hands.
 
Tess had a lot of cavities early on and I’m sure your dentist told you or you know already that it’s pretty common in the internationally adopted children.  Baby teeth are formed in utero and with an (assumed) lack of proper nutrition, the kids don’t develop the enamel that help protect their teeth against cavities.  Tess had hers done under general anesthesia when she was 3 – that helped.  Maybe you are considering for Maylin?  Anyway when she was under, they also sealed her teeth and though we still have to be extra careful (knock on wood) she hasn’t had any cavities since the initial large amount.  Hope she gets through it.  And you too.
 
Good luck to Austin.
 
 
 
Claudia said…
It's either feast or famine, isn't it?
Anonymous said…
All this breaks my heart! I'm very concerned over the condition with your hands. it's scary. I've never heard of putting caps on baby teeth..Austin's dental work can be a concern. Seems like when it rains it pours!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...