Skip to main content

Nervous

I went to the doctor for my normal female exam. While there I showed him how I am loosing my hair and I told him how I can't remember a thing. He tested my thyroid to see if it was the culprit. The next week they called and said my thyroid was at 3.9 and 4 was high and my doctor liked it around 2.5. The doctor started me on a medicine, just once a week and a tiny dose. However, that tiny dose has made me so nervous....really, my skin feels like it is crawling. I am restless, nervous, anxious, irritated......the list could go on. I talked to my pharmasict and he said that med would do it, but I am on such a low dose that I shouldn't be having the issue I am having. He said on the dose, he can't believe my body even knows it is there. They are having me not take it this Wednesday and see if the nervousness goes away. If it isn't gone by Friday, I am suppossed to go into my doctor. Great.

Here are some funny things Maylin said this week:

When we were blowing bubbles - "Where do bubbles come from?" Me, "The Bubble Maker." Maylin, "I think they come from a bubble factory."

Still blowing bubbles - "Look how the bubbles get lighted up. They lighted up and lighted up until you can see the rainbow."

We were in the tub and I was washing my hair with this stuff to help with my hair loss.... (man, I am old) and I told Maylin to stay out of the water because the shampoo will hurt her eyes:  Maylin said, "What if it gets on my legs?"  I said, "You will be fine, it is just your eyes." Maylin said, "Maybe I will grow hair on my legs and my body?" I said teasing, "Maybe. Then you will look like Curious George and I will be the mama in the yellow hat." Maylin, SCREAMING and CRYING, "No! I don't want to be George!" I said, "Maylin, I am just teasing." Maylin, "When people tease, I can't tell. It scares me anyway. No Curious George!" She literally screamed and cried for 15 minutes that she was going to grow hair like George. I kept telling her over and over I was teasing....guess I won't tease her again.

We had a family night on Noah. I asked how old Noah was when he finished the ark. Maylin said, "He was old. I think he was 45." Jay, "That is not old. That is how old I will be. Noah was 600." Maylin, "600? That is really old?"

To Jay, everytime she wants something: "Pretty please dad. With a 1,000 cherries on top!" Little lip is stuck out soooo far. Seriously, where did she get the 1,000 cherries on top.

Maylin had all of my high heels out: Me, "What cha doing?" Maylin, "I am playing high school. The school is called High Heel School."


Here are a few pictures of our anniversary activities. This was before my skin started to crawl. Thank heavens!


This is at lunch.


A view from our room.

Posted by PicasaOur room.

Comments

Lisa~~ said…
I hope that they figure out what's going on with you and can get you on meds that don't make your feel nervous and yucky. As usual, Maylin is one funny little girl. Hugs to all of you.
Circe said…
Sheesh! I hope the thyroid thing gets resolved. Are we so old that we have to deal with all this medical stuff already? Not fair!!
Nate said…
Good luck with the thyroid medication. Hope it resovles soon! Love you!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...