Skip to main content

Swimming and save the chocolate

Maylin, unfortunately, due to older siblings activities hasn't really got to do anything. We did gymnastics for a couple of months, but when summer started and we were SOOOOO busy, I kept forgetting to take her. We dropped out, due to the fact I couldn't justify paying for an activity I kept forgetting to take her to.

Last week she started swimming lessons. The poor little things isn't fairing very well with these either. First week, there was a wreck on the way to the pool so we got there 10 minutes before the end. The next time, she participated for ten minutes when a kid in the pool near her class threw up. They had to close the pool for clean up. Then for tonight, I just plum forgot. Seriously, I do that every time there is a holiday on a Monday. It messes me up the whole week. I think it should be illegal to have Monday holidays, or at least to not hold me accountable that I can't keep my days straight.

Here is my cute little swimmer all dressed and ready to go for her first swimming lesson! I love how she has on her suit, pants, a swimsuit cover, a jacket and a hat with ear muffs. She is so funny. PLEASE don't stop reading now that you have had an update on the cutest girl in the world...read on!
Posted by Picasa
Now, I really know most of you are reading this post because of the chocolate part....so here it is! It really is about saving chocolate, but it goes deeper than that. It is really about saving our personal freedom!

Let me get on my chocolate box for a moment: Last week I heard about the new "Federal Lunch Inspectors" that have been hired to inspect the lunches the children bring to public school from home. Thanks Mrs. O for making this an initiative! Since our government is in such debt, I am glad we have added these folks to our payroll. Awesome. So, a few weeks ago, one of these inspectors checked a young girl's lunch and found it to be unhealthy. It had a turkey sandwich, apple juice, a banana and some chips in it! But HEAVEN FORBID....there was NO veggie!!!! The inspector took that lunch away and sent it home to the mom with a bill for $1.25 so the little girl could eat a more healthy lunch of chicken nuggets and a salad that was provided by the school. Unfortunately, the little girl went hungry. She was so upset she couldn't eat a thing. Wow. An empty tummy! That is nutritious! Her state is now doing an investigation as they (rightly so) are upset over these Federal investigators.

SOOOOOO where does the SAVE THE CHOCOLATE come in, well here it is! Just two days after I read about this incident the news reported that M*rs B*rs has signed on to Mrs. O's initiative to control what we put in our mouths! Dang it, we are fat so someone has to stop us!!!!! Let's take a moment and reflect on how my mother forcing me to diet when I was young worked: IT DIDN'T. I had to do it MYSELF! No one can make you lose weight. It really has to come from within. Okay, so on to the chocolate! This means M*rs B*rs has agreed to not make king sized candy bars anymore because they have too many calories and are unhealthy. Duh. Why do you think we eat them? Also, they have agreed to make their regular candy bars smaller to fit in Mrs. O's suggested health outline. No word yet from the company if the price will shrink or not too. Really? Since when does the government have the right to get involved with what I pack in my kid's lunches or put in my mouth? Is this really going to change how much candy a person eats? NO!!! They will just eat 3 of the littler candy bars. Aren't I right? Let me just say, you mess with my chocolate and you are toast.

I went to the store tonight and bought tons of H*rshey candy bars for my freezer. I wanted to support them for their choice not to sign. I also wrote the H*rshey company tonight and thanked them for standing for freedom of choice, freedom for personal responsibility and for capitalism. I personally think they could thank me with a candy bar in the mail. ;)

Comments

Glenda said…
OK Very funny...I wish I had so much energy to get that excited about anything these days!
Catherine said…
Maylin looks adorable! Hopefully next week will be a better swimming lesson for her. I have to use email and calendar reminders all the time just to remember what I need to do. You're so right that holiday Monday's do throw off the schedule but might I make another suggestion? How about ALL Monday's be paid holidays (along with Saturdays and Sundays) so that we get used to the new schedule? That would work!

3 cheers for your chocolate purchases! I hope you're thanked properly by Hershey's!

I can't begin to imagine what Mrs O would think of me when I sent my sweetie to daycare the other day with an empty tummy because she refused to eat b'fast. I knew snack would be served shortly after she got there and I was not giving in to her constant change in demands. She hasn't done it since!

No veggies in that girl's lunch? It sounded very healthy! how do people sleep at night when they're so unreasonable?

OK - stepping off my chocolate box too.....so that I can eat one of the HERSHEY bars contained within it! ;o)
Nate said…
Federal home lunch inspectors? You've got to be kidding? I thought we lived in a FREE country! Hope they don't inspect Emi's lunch...I pack it with what she will eat. Also what about all the veggies that go to waste from school lunches children dump in the garbage? Proud of your chocolate stand!
Lisa~~ said…
Love your cutie girl, so much personality.

Who needs a giant sized candy bar when I can get a pound bag of snack sized candies and go to town.
Lisa~~ said…
Oh, I hope that there aren't Federal food inspectors checking out a certain someone's care package, I might get arrested!! I just hope that it makes it without someone realizing the calorie count and indulging themselves.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...