Skip to main content

Finally! Graduation. At least it didn't take 12 years to catch up.

It took Kenzie 12 years to graduate. It only took me 2 months to finish posting about it. Sheesh.

Kenzie's graduation was wonderful. It was a relief to finally be done. She has worked so hard. She has a learning disability and with the hours each night spent with a tutor, those were 12 hard, long years. It was also sad to finally be done. American Heritage has been her home. She started attending there in 5 grade and it made such a powerful change in her. She learned to accept her learning disability as a blessing from Heavenly Father. She learned to have confidence. She learned to be proud of her individuality. She learned to speak up. She learned to stand up. She loves that school and those that were apart of the experience. She was very nervous for the day of graduation where she could not call it home any more. It was a safe place for her. The adjustment has been hard, but we are slowly moving forward and she will start at college the end of August, taking a couple of classes.

The plan was to take everyone out for dinner afterward. However, on a Wednesday night in Utah, everything apparently closes at 9....before summer hours start. So, we ended up picking up grocery store deli and having that. It was okay, because two days before her graduation we surprised her with a trip to Paris and London! It has been her dream to go, so I planned to take her and the two of us would go explore! We spent 7 days in Paris and 4 in London. She was thrilled!!!!!!! We left three days after graduation. It was awesome.

Here are more pictures.

Mr Haymond. Best teacher ever. Austin had him too.



The graduating class of 2014.


Throwing their caps....she was afraid she would get hit. I think it is awesome. 

Comments

Claudia said…
Congratulations!!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...