Skip to main content

Rainy cold day means a museum day

On Day 3, we rescheduled some things because it was cold and rainy. Our initial plans included a trip to my MOST favorite museum on the planet....The d'Orsay! Loved it when I was there 20 years ago, but then again impressionism is my FAVORITE art period. We also planned to see the Orangerie and Monet's Water Lilies (he is my most fav artist). I did not see that when I was there years ago, so it was a must see for me.

The rest of the day we planned on exploring gardens and the Champs-Elysees. But, it was TOO cold to walk around. So we shuffled and did the two above museums and the Louvre! We did take some time when it wasn't raining to explore the Tuileries Gardens in between the museums and have an outdoor, cafe lunch as well as shop around the museum areas. It was super fun. We also people watched in the Place de la Concorde, this is where a lot of the important figures were guillotined during the revolution.  There were a lot of brides getting their pictures taken there and it was fun to observe.

I was in heaven to see the Water Lilies and McKenzie did her best to support my enthusiasm. She was awesome. Kenzie had fun taking a selfie in front for the Mona Lisa. We did a quick loop through the Louvre, because we didn't want to be museumed out, but we planned to go back another day.

We did most of our shopping this day. At one store, some 21 year old was all over Kenzie asking if he could have her. He gave her a key chain from the store and kept telling her how beautiful she was. I thought she was going to die. The guy would not let up.


On the way to the Orsay. I was so excited. Great view. I love how the museum, behind Kens, sits on the river bank.


The Water Lilies were awesome! The Paris Museum Pass was cool to have. We walked right past the lines.


Me at the d'Orsay. It was so great to see all those great Impressionistic painters, as well as the others, but the Impressionistic collection is awesome here. 


The Louvre! It is a Paris must, but really not my favorite. But, you do have to do it.

I just had to get a picture of her taking a selfie with Mona Lisa! That was the highlight for me. She was so excited. 

I loved the Tuileries Garden. It is awesome to stand in the middle and see the Louvre on one side, the d'Orsay on another, the Orangerie at another angle and the Place de la Concorde on the other side. It was amazing for us to see so much history while standing in one spot!


When it wasn't raining, we spent a lot of time sitting in the green chairs around the ponds watching people. That was so fun. Of course, we ate a Nutella crepe.








The Kiss....had to for Jay.


Lunch at a cafe in the garden. It was so beautiful.


Lunch. I had quiche. Kens had a crepe.



 The Place de Concorde. Before we left we watched tons of movies set in Paris.....Kens didn't know why I was making her watch them since we didn't tell her until days before we left. But it made the trip really cool. She recognized this spot from some of the movies we had watched.




It was fun to find a statue of Thomas Jefferson in our explorations!

Paris awesomeness.


We loved the "square" cut trees everywhere.

This was a cool park and shopping area we found behind the Louvre. We thought it was funny the places people can sit and walk and play in parks are sand and dirt and the do not sit places are grass.

We could never figure out the point of this park, but people looked like they were having fun. 

Here is the weird stalker guy. You can see now nervous Kenzie is. It was pretty funny though and she got a free key chain out of it. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...