Skip to main content

LONDON is CALLING!

We got up really early to make it to the airport for our flight to London. As you can see, Kenzie was tired and had a nice nap while we were waiting. When we got to our hotel, our room wasn't ready yet, so we left our things and went exploring. First stop was a walk to Kensington Place, Hyde Park etc. We bought some Indian food on our way and had a picnic right on the benches in front of the Palace. We walked around the park and saw the Princess Diana Memorial Water feature. We then went to Harrod's and shopped and mimicked the mannequins. We also bought a pastie....I ate those all the time when I was in London years ago for college. They were a cheap lunch. 

After Harrod's we walked to Buckingham Palace and looked around that area. We made a quick run on the metro to the hotel and then left again and saw Big Ben, the London Eye before making it to the theater to see Wicked!!! That was an awesome show. Kenzie was so excited and she enjoyed every minute of it. 


 Kensington Palace made for a perfect spot for lunch.

Monument to Prince Albert


Below is the Princess Diana Memorial


It was so busy and so many kids were having fun. I think the Princess would have liked that. 






At the palace they let in this car and the old lady got out. Kenzie says it was the queen. Its not, just a visitor so maybe a friends, but she is sticking to her story. ;)

The little lady in the red dress was the welcome visitor. It was fun to watch her arrive. 





Palace selfies.





SHOPPING! We didn't buy anything, but it was great to look.







In Harrod's they have this memorial since the princess's boyfriend's dad is the owner of the store. Her engagement ring is in the display.



The meat and vegetable pasties. I loved them in college. Kenzie was afraid to eat much of it. She didn't like the look of the filling. I agree. It looked a bit ground up. We shared it and enjoyed a famous Harrod's cupcake.


Enjoying the architecture of London. So fun.

Tiny Police station. Kenzie said this was in a movie.

Our hotel. We were in the basement and had the very back room. It was so quiet and private. 


 The main event of the day! It was awesome. We bought Cadbury chocolates to eat at intermission. Totally a perfect night.









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...