Skip to main content

Movie scene day and lots of other cool things.

McKenzie is a HUGE movie buff. Her dream was to see Harry Potter sights. So, we hopped on the metro and went to the station where they caught the train to Hogwartz. She loved Platform 9 3/4 and the Harry Potter store as well as the terminals where the trains pull in. We also walked the Millenium Bridge that day. It was so great to see how excited she got. 


Dang, she missed.






Around the corner from the station was the British Library. Seriously. SO. Cool. They had the original Magna Carta, the original Beowulf manuscript (which she has read),  a Gutenberg Bible, Chaucer's Canterbury Tales (which she has read), Captain Hook's journal, Jane Eyre (which she had just read) and tons of other amazing works of literature. We spent so much time there just loving it! This book case is the center of the library. It is so cool. 


Kenzie and I took her picture in front of every metro station we were in. This is just one of the many, many pictures we have. It is going to make a great scrapbook page.


This is the British Museum. I was excited about this and Kenzie ended up loving it. Pieces of the Parthenon, in Greece, are housed here as well as the Rosetta Stone. We were short on time so we just followed the highlight map. It was a lot of fun. We also had lunch here.







While walking to our next adventure we saw a mailbox. Kens thought it was cool. What was even cooler was the Cadbury Chocolate shop we found right by the mail box. We bought one or two of every candy in the store! We knew the boys back home would love it. 


When we were in one of the undergrounds, I saw this and remembered I have my picture by this wall when I was 20. That was in 1989.....when the wall was only 5 years old. Now, it didn't look so good, but it was fun for me to see it again and have my picture by it when I am 40 plus. 



Fun picture. Taken in a large reflective ball used as decoration in front of an office building. 


The mellenium bridge. Man, the wind kicked up while we were here. It was wild. Kens was excited because the Death Eaters from Harry Potter destroyed this bridge in the movie. 




Hold on to the hat!

You can see St. Paul's in the background. 


Shakespeare's Globe


You see these types of markers all over in London. I think it is great how they mark history. 


This building was so skinny I had to get a picture. It doesn't look as small as it was in real life.  That entrance was narrow.

 Cool architecture.

We were seeing the Lion King that night. Once we located the theater, we went to Covent Gardens to shop and grab a bite to eat.

We found this cool building called the Charles Dickens Coffee House, but the blue marker above said the apartments above is where Charles Dickens actually lived.

Covent Gardens. There were so many great bands, shows etc that people were randomly performing here. There was a mime that was amazing. 

This group was really good too. We had fun shopping for a bit. We laughed so hard trying on all the little fascinators (hat pieces with feathers, etc) that are the craze in London.


The show! It was so good.


Comments

Claudia said…
I would love to see all the Harry Potter stuff too!
Nate said…
So jealous and very happy for you. How are you???

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...