Skip to main content

Last day in Paris....pure awesomeness

Sunday was our last day in Paris. We started off the day by walking to church. Seriously, our apartment was about a 5 minute walk from our Church. On the way we passed the Pompideu Center, a museum of modern art, but we didn't go in, we just looked at the art on the outside. Cool. 




It was fun to find the Church. Lots of visitors and some from Draper, which is the city right next to ours! We met lots of wonderful French church members. The bishop happened to be friends with a girl that served her mission while my family was on our mission. My dad was her mission president. She lives in France, but we didn't get to hook up, so it was fun to catch up with her close friend.


Church was all in French. Still felt the spirit. Found out after the meeting in another room in the church was the English translation! Ha ha. Would have been nice, but still it was good. We did run into this sweet girl in the picture below! She is from our church in our town. She is going to school in Paris and this was her ward. So fun! I took a picture with her and texted it to her mom. Her mom lives by us and was so excited to get an update on her daughter. Small world.




This was a small visitor center next to the meeting house.

After church we took the metro and then made the walk to the Sacre Coeur de Montmartre. It was fun to walk around Montmartre as we had watched the movie American in Paris before our trip and this was the artist area that was portrayed in the film. The crowds around the church were huge, but once we got off the beaten path around it, it was just "Paris-y". Know what I mean? Kenzie and I had matching jumpers and she thought it would be fun to wear them on the same day, with the berets we had purchased. Man! People were taking our photos as much as they were of the famous site. It was pretty funny. 



TWINS!!! We were crowd stoppers.



Throwing a Euro and making a wish.....she wouldn't tell her wish.


Fun people around the church...interesting ones too. The outside was to crazy for me. We slipped into the church and listed to the choir that was performing. It was pretty cool. It is a huge church inside. We really couldn't look around, but the choir was amazing. 


This band played on the side steps of the church and they were amazing. We listened to them for a while.

The side of the church. 


My favorite part was when we walked the streets around the church. They were so quaint and beautiful. We watched a family race each other up the steep stairs below the railing in the below picture. It was so fun to see them interact and play. 



SO French!


I have seen this place in paintings and postcards! We were really there!!



We bought lunch from here and ate it on a bench around the corner. We got a cheese sandwich.....with cheese on the outside too and a pear tart.



Since we were matchy-matchy we attracted the artists like flies. Everyone wanted to paint us. 





More of the quaint homes that I loved!


We also got some amazing gelato. Kens got mango and a berry mix and I got pistachio and  peach. SO DELICIOUS!


Seriously! Only in books and paintings....but we were there!





After our time here, we went back to the Louvre and saw some more and then we sat in the gardens at the museum and watched people. We made up what we thought the people passing by were thinking or doing that day. It was so funny to hear the things each one of us would come up with. I often wondered if the people passing by thought we were talking about them. It was a good time and we made up some great stories. We walked home from the Louvre, about a 20 minute walk to say good-bye to the city we enjoyed so much. We stopped in the Latin Quarter and got our favorite gyro to share. One for the road. Then we headed to bed as we were leaving for London early the next day. 

Holding the pyramid.




Inside the Louvre. The rooms are where Napoleon once called home.





 We loved all the roller bladers we saw, but the cop on skates was our favorite!!!!!1


Love this place! Love this food. One is enough to share.


One last Paris selfie! The road we took home had tons of pet stores on it, so we had fun checking out all the cute animals.

Beautiful streets, and fun times to be found. Love the photo bomber in the back? He thought he was so clever!

  A final Paris treat before bed!





Comments

The Stanley's said…
I think I need to move there. More beautiful than words!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...