Skip to main content

Party, play and a problem.

This week at school has been Shakespeare week. The 8th grade performs a play, an act a day, and the kids get to dress up in Shakespeare attire. The kids love it. Kens is in 8th grade and thus, was in the play! She was Peas blossom and the play was A Midsummer Night's Dream. She was fantastic. On Friday, each class had a Shakespeare party. I was in charge of Kens' class party. We played Nine Man's Mill a Shakespeare time period game. We also played Blindman's bluff which is from that era. We ate rice pudding, fruit, almond cookies, grape juice and mini wienies. Here are pictures of the party. I loved Kens' teacher. Her name is Miss Yamada and she is pictured in the velvet Shakespeare costume. She has done wonders for my daughter.



Here are pictures of the play! Isn't she darling? She had face painting done each day as they did an act a day for the students at school. She was so excited to get the part of the head fairy. She spoke her lines well and clearly. She was a natural.
 

 

 

 
Posted by Picasa


Even her YW leader came to watch and she brought her flowers!

Now, to the problem. I am not even sure it is one. Maybe it is just a regular kid thing, but with adoption you never know. So here it is. Yesterday Maylin said to me, "When I was in China I wasn't special." I told her yes she was. I reminded her how her birth mom loved her so much and how much I loved her and that I thought she was special even though we weren't together yet. She seemed fine with that and hasn't said anything since. I just hope it is a kid thing and not a glimpse of future insecurities.

Comments

Valorie said…
Love the pictures! Looks like such a fun time. Her costume for the play looks amazing.
Circe said…
Kenzie looks amazing!

I too fear the adoption questions. We'll just take em as they come up, right? I try to talk about it a lot now while x is still little. good luck!
Eliza2006 said…
Kenzie really does look amazing.

Try to not over-think things with Maylin. Easier said than done...I'm the queen of over-thinking!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations to Kenzie. She looks like a wonderful Peaceblossom. Good luck with the adoption questions...Oh, Maylin, you were, are and always will be special!
Glenda said…
Kenzie, such a great costume. Your make-up is wonderful.
I have a cute surprise for you when I see you next week.
grandma GiGI said…
McKenzie! You are beautiful! The costume is wonderful...You look so pretty in green and the eye makeup is so pretty...WOW!

I think Maylin is seeing McKenzie and Austin get attention now and because she is so aware of everything, she may think she needs that kind of attention even though she's 4.
Rebecca said…
Kenzie did a great job in the play! Looks like they had a great time with the party too!
hooli said…
Oh look! You got to use the head wreaths from your wedding again!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...