Austin and his group spent the day at Calvary, the Garden Tomb, The Jewish Cemetery, the Western Wall, the BYU Jerusalem Center and of course the Garden of Gethsemane. Today was Pentecost. The people in Jerusalem were dressed in their traditional cosumes and hates. Many of the areas were very crowded and photography was not allowed. What a great experience to see that tradition first hand. I am so grateful that my son had this opportunity to see where the Savior's greatest moments for all mankind took place.
Calgary or Golgotha
The Garden Tomb
The Holy Sepulchre where the Orthodox Christians believe was the site of burial and Crucifixion.
The BYU Jerusalem Center. They were able to hear an organ recital too.
In the Garden

Mrs. Updike in the garden. She was Austin's 9th and 10th grade teacher.


The Jewish Cemetery.
This last picture is my favorite. When I saw it I began to cry. I am so grateful that my son has had the opportunity to meditate and pray in the Garden where our Savior suffered for our sins and for the pains and anguish he has felt with his heart condition. I am sure it was a powerful time for Austin. He truly understands what the Savior has done for him and for us as a family. I can't wait to have him come home so we can talk about it and he can share his feelings. As a mother, I am so grateful.
Calgary or Golgotha
The Garden TombThe Holy Sepulchre where the Orthodox Christians believe was the site of burial and Crucifixion.

The BYU Jerusalem Center. They were able to hear an organ recital too.

In the Garden

Mrs. Updike in the garden. She was Austin's 9th and 10th grade teacher.


The Jewish Cemetery.This last picture is my favorite. When I saw it I began to cry. I am so grateful that my son has had the opportunity to meditate and pray in the Garden where our Savior suffered for our sins and for the pains and anguish he has felt with his heart condition. I am sure it was a powerful time for Austin. He truly understands what the Savior has done for him and for us as a family. I can't wait to have him come home so we can talk about it and he can share his feelings. As a mother, I am so grateful.
Comments