Skip to main content

Pictures of my traveling boy!!

One of the parents that went on the trip "Facebooked" these pictures. I was so thrilled to get them. Only a few of them had my son in them, but that was okay. It was STILL MARVELOUS to see where he was. I have included the description of what the picture is. Thanks to Greg J. for being so thoughtful. A Palestinian city. You can tell it is by the tall turret things that are in the air.

King Herod's Hippodrome in Caesarea. (Horse racing facility) Austin is clear over on the left side stepping down from the beach area. He has his head down.


The boat ride on the Sea of Galilee

This is a 1st century boat that was found in 1980 in the floor of the Sea of Galilee.

Dinner in Tiberias! Rice, duck, okra and peppers!!

Greg J wrote: "I know one mother that will love this picture." That mother would be me!!! The other boy's mom went with them. This picture gave me a glimpse of what I would see in a year with Austin's mission. Here they are taking a picture of the Sea of Galilee.


The airport in Israel! You can see my boy with some of his friends.


Tonight,(his day) he will be going to tour Hezekiah's Tunnel. This makes me nervous. They are underground and it is a very tight space. Can't wait to have pictures!!! This is a 1750 foot tunnel carved during the reign of Hezekiah to bring water from one side of the city to another. This is considered one of the greatest works of water engineering. See 2 Kings 20:20. He will also visit St. Anne's which is a church built on the site of Mary's mother's birthplace. He will see the Old City which is .35 SQ. miles of a walled area within the modern city of Jerusalem which follows the path Jesus took from Pilot to the place of Crucifixion and then they will visit the BYU Jerusalem Center.

Comments

grandma GiGI said…
I am so thrilled for him! What a wonderful experience. And yes, they do look like missionaries.
I,d love to do that trip again.
The Stanley's said…
My mother-in-law went through Hezekiah's tunnel in March. She is so short that the water was much higher on her body. But she didn't have to duck! So fun!! He looks like a missionary to me already!
Rebecca said…
What a wonderful experience Austin is having. I am glad that he is safe and having fun. Looks like a missionary in training
Dione said…
Very cool! What a neat opportunity!
Valorie said…
Wow, what great pictures, Austin looks so grown up, he will be a missionary before you know it.
M3 said…
Wow!! I got goosebumps looking at these pictures. How priceless to be able to see them.
Anonymous said…
Austin does look like a missionary! Glad he is safe and having a great time:) What a great experience!
Joey/Denny/Emma said…
Looks like he's having a marvelous time. What an adventure for him (and all of us, too).

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...