Skip to main content

To do Tuesday

There were a million things to do today. Here is the list with a check if things were complete.

1.Get kids off to school. CHECK
2.Go back to bed and sleep in so our terrible cold will go away. CHECK and HALF CHECK (Went back to bed, but Nini woke up 30 minutes later, so no sleep in time.)
3. Sew ribbons onto shoes for Kens' fairy costume for the upcoming play. CHECK (And that was hard, my finger still hurts from pushing the needle through a shoe.)
4. Start the 8 loads of laundry. CHECK
5. Make bed. CHECK
6. Get ready. HALF CHECK (Got dressed, but no make up or hair was done.)
7. Go to bank to get new money for Aus' trip. CHECK
8. Go to Walmart because bank didn't have enough new money and apparently (according to teller) Walmart carries new money. She was right! CHECK
9. Go to another bank to get Aus his own credit card for trip. HALF CHECK (Bank would do it, but with a $25 fee. Went to another bank.)
10. Go to another bank to get credit card. CHECK
11. Go to McDon*lds to get lunch since we didn't eat breakfast. CHECK
12. Go to JC Penn*y's to buy shirts and pants for Aus' trip. Besides his school uniform pants, his casual pants were to small. CHECK
13. Go home to start more laundry. CHECK
14. Go get kids from school.(20 minute drive each way.) CHECK
15. Wait 45 minutes at school while KENS finishes her math final. CHECK
16. Drive home and do more laundry. CHECK
17. Help Aus pack....okay, I did it all!! CHECK
18. Finish 8th load of laundry. CHECK and HALF CHECK (It is done, but only 1/2 put away.)
19. Call Jay and have him bring home pizza for dinner. CHECK
20. Is it bedtime yet? NOPE.
Here is Maylin's perspective on the day spent in a car. Good thing I had my camera and Kai Lan to entertain her.

 
Posted by Picasa

Comments

M3 said…
Yeesh yeesh yeesh. I can't believe you got all of that done WITH a cold to boot. You get a standing ovation! I've got a cold too, and pretty much I fed the kids today, and, um, oh crud that's it. Seriously.
Anonymous said…
Wow...your day sounds exhausting! You do more laundry than a laundromat! Hope you are feeling better soon and hope all with well with Austin on his trip.
Anonymous said…
You are one busy Momma! Feel better!
shelley said…
Wow.....I was tired and cranky just from reading that. I can't believe you had a cold on top of that. You are SUPER MOM
Lisa~~ said…
I'm exhausted just reading your list. You rock Mama!!
Rebecca said…
Super Mom to the rescue! You are so awesome, I am tired just thinking about your day. Hope tomorrow is much much calmer, although I am sure it will be just as crazy.

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...