Skip to main content

Very first dance.

Thursday night was Kens first opportunity to go to a dance! Despite the trauma of getting a ride to the dance, Kens had a fabulous time. The dances in our area are usually for those 14 and up, so this was her very first dance. The theme was "Time Periods." She didn't tell me that there was a theme until 2 hours before, so we looked high and low through our closets and made this make shift "1920's outfit". I think it actually turned out quite cute. She felt good about how she looked. She had a great time at the dance with the kids her age. She only danced with a boy once, but enjoyed dancing the rest of the time in a big group.

I am so grateful that even though the day was very traumatic, that she had a great time at the dance itself. I think she looks beautiful!!!

Comments

Circe said…
She looks absolutely gorgeous!
Lisa~~ said…
Just lovely. Sorry for all the trauma of the day but good to hear that she had fun at the dance.
She does look beautiful. I'm glad that she had a great time at the dance.

Kim
Susan said…
She looks darling! Fun idea!
grandma GiGI said…
My sweet little Kenzie...all grown up!. You look darling and that smile is worth a million dollars.
And the silver shoes, just like Cinderella...If you don't watch out you'll have a prince charming in your life before you know it.
The Stanley's said…
Kenzie, you look marvelous darling! I bet you had so much fun. I think there should be more "theme" dances. It is so fun to put together costumes and you guys did a great job with this outfit!!!
Rebecca said…
She looks great, glad that the trauma didn't mar the dance. She looks so happy!
Dione said…
I need to read further to see what the trauma was... But I just had to stop and say how pretty your little girl looks! I can not believe she's 14!
Claudia said…
Sounds like a fun idea for a dance - way to pull it together with so little time!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...