Skip to main content

What did you do last night?

While we were getting ready for bed and sleeping, Austin's day was going on. They are 9 hours ahead. Here is what he did while we were sleeping.

He visited Tabgha where the miracle of the loaves and fishes took place. He visited the Mount of Beatitudes and Capernaum. This is where the Savior lived after he left Narazareth. Four of his disciples were chosen here too. The he went to Chorazin and Bethsaida. Bethsaida is where Philip, Andrew and Peter lived. Later Peter moved to Capernaum. They are only about 3 miles away. To finish the night off he took at boat ride on the Sea of Galilee.

I looked up his hotel on the Internet and it is RIGHT ON the Sea of Galilee! I am so excited for him. I wish I could talk to him and hear about his day.

During our night tonight, he will be driving to Jerusalem. On the way he will stop at Nazareth, see Mount Tabor and drive through the Jordan Valley to see the Dead Sea and Qumran.

Comments

Valorie said…
What an incredible experience he is having!! He will remember it forever. Thanks for the update.
RSCE said…
Wow that is so cool that he is doing that.
The Stanley's said…
Every night before I go to bed I pray for Jonathon's day. Isn't it strange to be so far away, but isn't it amazing to think of what they are experiencing. This trip for Austin is priceless.
Claudia said…
Sounds like such an amazing trip! I'm jealous!
Rebecca said…
Sounds like he is having a blast!

Popular posts from this blog

Did I just hear that?

Today I was at W*lM*rt and I had the WEIRDEST experience. I can't wait to hear what you all have to say about it. I was at the self check out and the worker that handles those came over to Nini and put her hands on Nini's cheeks and literally put her nose against Nini's nose. Okay....don't know you, plus it is serious cold and flu season. I pulled the cart back quickly. The lady was talking to Nini and asking her how old she was and telling her how cute she is (she is that). Then she said to me, "where did you get her from?" That question threw me. I have been asked where she is from, what nationality she is, but never, "where did you get her from?" I said China, but was thinking, "does she think I got her from a store or something?" This was just the beginning of what was the MOST outrageous conversation I have ever been apart of. She asked me her name. I told her and she said, "Thank you! It makes me so happy to hear that name."...

Maylin's room

Here is an update on painting. The doors continue to be a nightmare. We don''t have doors on the girls bathroom and no doorknobs on any of the other doors. Hopefully next week. I love everything else. Many of you asked about the glaze in the kitchen. It is an oil based glaze that comes in black, white, brown. You roll it on with a small roller and then take it off with a rag, by blotting it. You can make it darker or lighter depending on how much you put on and how much you take off. Here are pictures of Maylin's room. I was scared to make a change with 2 colors, but I think I like it. I don't know if you can tell but on the pink paint it is a wash (first white swirly, then pink) with light white flowers like the top pink ones. I picked words to go around her room that may inspire her. The Chinese translation is underneath. Of course, we used Meng, that was her first name...Meng ni and they called her Nini. The words are in vinyl and the flowers were painted using a pa...

Happily ever after

NieNie Dialogues: April 15, 2019 Christian is the most important person in Stephanie's life. She made this post about him. She wrote about how much she loved him and he loved her. Every year she dedicates a song to him as they enter another year as husband and wife. She said, "Everyday I pray to God, thanking him for Christian. I thank God that he is my husband, my protector, and greatest defender. I thank God that Christian loves and respects me.......And I thank God that I will be with Christian forever and even to infinity and beyond." I am not married, but I related to this post because I love my dad. He is my protector and my provider. He really takes care of our family. He is so great. I can tell my mom loves him too. Even though it embarrasses me, I love to watch my parents hug and kiss. I am glad we are sealed together. After reading this post, I decided I needed to write in my journal characteristics I want in a husband. These are the things I wrote: Must l...